Disco-Nightlife on Royal and Pacific?

ZIPPER

Both the Rogal and Pacific Princess are smaller ships carrying about 700 passengers, making longer cruises to more exotic destinations. Does anyone know what the nightlife is like on these cruises, I'm looking at 12 nights, and do they operate a disco? I can appreciate it will probably be a somewhat older, possibly more sedate crowd. I'm just interested in what facilities are available so that I can invite my friends along, and we can create out own nightlife.

Thanks

Gregg

We were on Pacific Princess (new), 11-03, Papeete to Sydney, and night life was very quiet (fine by us).

There was some dancing in the Cabaret Lounge, but no disco that I recall.

There may have been dancing in the Pacific Lounge also. The Pacific Lounge might be more suitable for disco, but that is just an uninformed opinion.

there are always a few onboard that like to go dancing,you will find the hot spot eventually just by roaming around,have a great cruise:))):p

Dancing, yes. Disco, no. There's not too much area to roam. You obviously haven't been on these ships.

These ships are very small, some love them that small, we don't happen to be in that group. We have sailed on the TP only, I might add that to this. There just wasn't enough to keep us occupied in the evening onboard.

It was OK on the TP as you are so tired after a long day onshore and usually have to be up bright and early for another shore trip, but I sure would not want to find something to do if there were very many sea days on one of these.

I am not one that needs to have the ship provide activities constantly, but even walking the decks didn't take very long. We saw very few passengers doing much but sitting at a bar having a drink after the last show.

Archived