Well, Here We Go....

ragwing

While on the Azamara Journey (May26th), my wife and filled out the midcruise and cruise ned questionares supplied.

We went to considerable trouble to not only point out substandard encounters but to highlite the good as well.

We got a call this morning from Celebrity asking if we could spend a moment to discuss our concerns. We both certainly tried to be helpful (thank heavens for conference calling options!) by offering assessments and our take on solutions a well as feedback.

The person on the Celebrity side was VERY cordial, seemed very interested and took notes - she asked us for clarification more than once!

At the end, she stated that our concerns would be "bumped up" and would we mind another call from someone a little higher up?

I'm sure these frontline people hear *ALL* the griping and bad language on a daily basis so I hope that our tryong to be even-handed helped as we would love to help in any way we can.

We offered the positives a well and even shared a little laugh or two!

Here's to hoping we can help Azamara make a positive change for future cruises!

While on the Azamara Journey (May26th), my wife and filled out the midcruise and cruise ned questionares supplied.

We went to considerable trouble to not only point out substandard encounters but to highlite the good as well.

We got a call this morning from Celebrity asking if we could spend a moment to discuss our concerns. We both certainly tried to be helpful (thank heavens for conference calling options!) by offering assessments and our take on solutions a well as feedback.

The person on the Celebrity side was VERY cordial, seemed very interested and took notes - she asked us for clarification more than once!

At the end, she stated that our concerns would be "bumped up" and would we mind another call from someone a little higher up?

I'm sure these frontline people hear *ALL* the griping and bad language on a daily basis so I hope that our tryong to be even-handed helped as we would love to help in any way we can.

It is good to know that your comments were apparently important to Azamara.

As a traveler who is booked on a future Quest cruise, it would be good to know how things proceed in your conversations with management.

Please keep us up-to-date.

Thanks...

Marilyn

We, too, received a phone call from someone 'higher up' in response to a 3 page balanced letter that I wrote when we got home from our May 26th cruise. He specifically said " this is the type of feedback that we are looking for" and indicated that he had "taken the liberty" of forwarding a copy of the letter to the Hotel Director so that action could be taken regarding issues of concern AND compliments delivered to the individuals for whom we had written commendations. While onboard, I had written letters to several people (including the Captain and Dominic) telling them about staff who had been particularly helpful. Dominic told us that he had posted his letter on the staff bulletin board so that all could learn about our comments.

We have had similar responses when writing after other cruises. They do listen!

Thanks Marilyn, I'll post updates as I get 'em!!

I truly think the representative was waiting for a diatribe and some coarse language which I'm sure is part of her everyday encounters.

When we gave her a nice conversation with assessments that ranged the gamut, she opened up and we were off to a good exchange. I'd *like* to think that's why she's referring us up to the next level. :)

We, too, received a phone call from someone 'higher up' in response to a 3 page balanced letter that I wrote when we got home from our May 26th cruise.

Three pages?!! LOL!! That's what Linda wrote!

I truly think if one comments in a balanced way( I like your word!) and without harangue or ill feelings, then people are more likely to respond.

Now truly speaking, I can remember a time or two that the reasonable approach didn't work, but then they never got my monetary "vote" again either.

Hi Ragwing !

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. One of the things that always frustrates me with Celebrity, is that I feel that our feedback does not matter all that much. No matter how many comments (mostly good, some bad) I have made on Celebrity sailings over the years, that they NEVER responded to. These days, I wonder if it even makes any sense filling out the comment cards on my X sailings.

I have been very curious if Azamara would be more responsive to comments as they are offering a more upscale and personalized experience. I am very happy to hear that Azamara responded, and seems to be very interested in your thoguhts. I hope you keep us posted on your future conversations with Azamara.

Andy,

My experience has been mixed. It seems to depend on both the tone of the letter and the person to whom it is addressed. I usually send the letter to the Customer Relations Manager (with copies to Dan Hanrahan and Captain's Club). The more eyes, the better, it seems to me. I always introduce us with our level in Captain's Club, remind them that we are long time loyal Celebrity cruisers, and let them know that we have future cruises booked (all true). Then I begin with the positives (and there were many this time) and share my 'disappointments'. As Jim (Ragwing) indicated 'highlighting the good' while indicated 'substandard encounters' provides the balance that is usually a fair statement of the experience. I have rarely, if every, had a totally bad cruise (or other vacation for that matter).

Interestingly, I recently had a 4 day getaway with my sister to a 4 star resort in FL. We had a series of deplorable experiences necessitating many trips to the guest services desk. Yet, even there, we had some stellar experiences.

This isn't a glass half full/half empty situation. I approach letter writing as an opportunity to share my thoughts and, perhaps, make a difference.

This is good to see. It shows that Azamara is at least responding to guest concerns.

I also agree that a well balanced and direct letter, to the correct people and department, is always the best recourse when there is an issue.

Mr. Hanrahan has acknowledged that Azamara has got off to a rocky start and there is problems but from postings on this and other boards I truly believe they are working them out. They better be, I'm booked on the 11/29/07, Sao Paulo, South America cruise. :)

All ships and especially a new cruise line always get off to a rocky start and this one was even rockier. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, sort of, changed horses in the middle of the street in regard to what they were going to do with these ships. Rolling them into an existing line is one thing but building an entire cruise line around them is another. It will take awhile for them to chew, swallow and digest what they have bitten off but I'm confident that they haven't bitten off more than they can handle.

Take care,

Mike (Who hopes he only has to write a letter of praise after his November cruise.)

Hi Ragwing !

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. One of the things that always frustrates me with Celebrity, is that I feel that our feedback does not matter all that much. No matter how many comments (mostly good, some bad) I have made on Celebrity sailings over the years, they are NEVER responded to. .

I'm surprised at Celbrity's indifference.....

I'll be sure and post some results once the conversation is done.

I'm sure there are a LOT of people in todays world that think customer service is slipping badly, regardless of the service purchased.

There is just SO much money out there that companies can afford indifference as there's another customer with a wallet waiting for our spots.

It seems to depend on both the tone of the letter and the person to whom it is addressed.

I certainly agree whole heartedly with you Sheila!

Interestingly, I recently had a 4 day getaway with my sister to a 4 star resort in FL. We had a series of deplorable experiences necessitating many trips to the guest services desk. Yet, even there, we had some stellar experiences.

I'm certainly sorry to hear that.

Ceetainly we would all love for each and every trip to go flawlessly but it just can't happen.

My personal view is that a good company will try and correct the situation right up front. My undies get a little bunchy when I need to repeat my excursions to the front desk because the *&^% snake is still in the bathroom 4 hours after the initial trip.

The devil's in the details.

Oh by the way, the snake was in our tub down in southwest Florida at a H&%tt hotel!! LOL!! I'm sure it's an occurrence that probably isn't common and I'm sure the poor thing was as upset as my LW was, but the lack of response was key here. No harm done and we've stayed multiple times since at the same place. :)

Take care,

Mike (Who hopes he only has to write a letter of praise after his November cruise.)

I'm sure it will be just fine!!

Try and find Ernesto in the Aquafina restaurant, a TRUE gentleman.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and assessment.

Archived