QE2 Oct. 10th Transatlantic

cunarder

Doesn't cancelling and getting your deposit back negate the point of having a deposit in the first place?

The deposit just holds a cabin for you and prevents someone else from getting it. Makes perfect sense to me. If you cancel then why shouldn't the deposit come back if you do it by the deadline date.

David

The deposit just holds a cabin for you and prevents someone else from getting it. Makes perfect sense to me. If you cancel then why shouldn't the deposit come back if you do it by the deadline date.

David

Makes perfect sense to us all of course and it is the way it should be.......however in the UK it does not work that way. If you cancel, the travel company keeps your deposit no matter how long away from the travel date it is.

Last year Cunard wanted me to pay a cencellation charge on a booking as well as keep the deposit for someone in my party who could not travel, another thing UK travel agents try to stick you with.

Don't know if you are farmiliar with the term "Rip off Britain". I so prefer using US agents!

Hi everyone,

Just registered. I was trying to make up my mind as to whether to go on this crossing. But since it was the last west bound on QE2 I made my mind up after lunch on the 27th. I called Cunard directly around 1:00pm, it took me only 3 minutes to get through. There were no QGs available, since I will be traveling solol however, a P2 was available on deck 3 so I grabbed it at $5259.00. Couldn't justify the extra $3000+ for a Q3.

I hope to meet some of you on the crossing.

Makes perfect sense to us all of course and it is the way it should be.......however in the UK it does not work that way. If you cancel, the travel company keeps your deposit no matter how long away from the travel date it is.

Oh my! I had no idea travel bookings were so different in the UK. I've never read the 'fine print' in the UK brochures on board, and I always assumed deposits worked the same way everywhere for a given company.

Hi everyone,

Just registered. I was trying to make up my mind as to whether to go on this crossing. But since it was the last west bound on QE2 I made my mind up after lunch on the 27th. I called Cunard directly around 1:00pm, it took me only 3 minutes to get through. There were no QGs available, since I will be traveling solol however, a P2 was available on deck 3 so I grabbed it at $5259.00. Couldn't justify the extra $3000+ for a Q3.

I hope to meet some of you on the crossing.

Welcome Capitalcruiser

To be on one of the last crossings, when you think about it, there is only one answer.

Oh my! I had no idea travel bookings were so different in the UK. I've never read the 'fine print' in the UK brochures on board, and I always assumed deposits worked the same way everywhere for a given company.

Yep it is a sad thing, I would accept paying a reasonable admin fee, say £50 tops, but past that......

What happens on waitlists?

What happens on waitlists?

You deposit for a waitlist. You can waitlist for as many categories as you like. Just be willing to pay the highest rate you've waitlisted. You are given a waitlist number.

Then you cross your fingers and hold your breath in hopes you'll clear.

Sometimes you do... and sometimes you don't.

If you don't clear, your deposit is returned.

You deposit for a waitlist.

Then you cross your fingers and hold your breath in hopes you'll clear.

Sometimes you do... and sometimes you don't.

There is no way they could keep a deposit if you didn't get on board through no fault of your own.

Sometimes you 'clear' at the last minute. We took the last Christmas cruise QE2 did out of NYC. I met a couple from Germany who got their booking so late that they barely had time to pack and take a flight to NY to catch the ship.

Kathy

So, I know this will be a tandem of QE2 and QM2 (it will be, or?).

Can anybody tell me

a) will the ships sail together across the atlantic (in a save distance of course, but in sight)?

b) will they enter the port of NYC together?

My parents are currently booked on QM2, but are on the waitlist for QE2. They can change ships without any further costs up to 2 month before the sail starts.

Thank you for your answers.

Greetings from germany,

Christian

So, I know this will be a tandem of QE2 and QM2 (it will be, or?).

Can anybody tell me

a) will the ships sail together across the atlantic (in a safe distance of course, but in sight)?

A picture is worth a thousand words : tn_qe2_28.jpg. This is from the 2004 tandem crossing, the ships were well in sight for the whole crossing. Click here for more pictures.

b) will they enter the port of NYC together?
From memory they did leave and arrive together. Can't remember the details after so long.

Archived