Spa Services for Tweens

frodo63

I normally cruise RCCL with my children. Next year we will be trying out HAL. On RCCL, the Spa had limited services for those under 18 generally on port days. My precious ( OK, spoiled ) 11 y.o. wants to know if she will still be able to get her mani - pedi and facial with HAL. I didn't see anything in the literature that mentioned services for youngsters. Does any one know HAL's policy?

The OP didn't ask to be flamed - nor for any opinions. Mom or Dad simply asked a question about spa services for a child - if any one knew if there was an age restriction. No respondents seem to know.

I've never been to the spa on any ships so don't know the answer myself, but see no reason for the nasty responses.

Frodo - try calling Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576. But I wouldn't count on any discounts for your daughter. HAL charges full fare for just about everything. :)

I didn't think my reply was a flame. Sorry. I have used the spa and I have never seen a child in the spa. I did hear a couple of moms asking if they'd do a mani-pedi for kids (they will during off days and hours) and that's what I said. Now that I think about it though these same moms wanted the kids hair done for the formal night and they wouldn't do. So maybe it has something to do with insurance. Who knows and who cares.

Sunshine,

Thanks for your support. If I have the time to hang on hold I will try calling. For the rest of you guys. RCCL offers reduced prices for limited services. Mani- pedi, acne cleanse and massage if the child wears a bathing suit and a parent is present. Just like many of us who use vacations to do something extra for ourselves, my daughter looks forward to the pampering also. Since I don't celebrate birthdays or holidays, a few spa treatments don't equal anywhere near the amount of money most parents spend on their child through out the year.

Didn't mean to flame, I've just never heard of a facial for such a young girl. Nails are cool treats for all gals, but facial treatment--I'd never heard of anyone that young using spa treatments. I agree that there may be some insurance issues. Seattle could probably get you the answer.

I think it may be a geographic thing, depending on where you live. In my neighborhood, I see little girls getting manicure and pedicures all the time. In fact, my girlfriend has a 3rd grader who wants to start waxing:eek: . (Her Mom told her no.) If Frodo63's child wants a manicure and pedicure as a special treat, why not?

Anyway, as for spa treatments for tweens on HAL, this is the deal: The Greenhouse spa is run by the Steiner, the same folks who do RCCL's spa, including the Yspa spa treatments for teens and tweens. HAL offers the same services, but doesn't publicize it on their webpage the way RCCL does. Last time, we were on the Westerdam, I saw the YSPA menu while I was getting my massage and made an appointment for my son, who was 12 at the time, to have a massage and spend some time in the thermal suite. He loved the relaxing and felt it was one of the highlights of his cruise. So I am sure the same can be done for nail treatments, etc.Hope this helps.

The OP didn't ask to be flamed - nor for any opinions. Mom or Dad simply asked a question about spa services for a child - if any one knew if there was an age restriction. No respondents seem to know.

I've never been to the spa on any ships so don't know the answer myself, but see no reason for the nasty responses.

Frodo - try calling Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576. But I wouldn't count on any discounts for your daughter. HAL charges full fare for just about everything. :)

Indeed - I wish more parents took the time to teach their children proper grooming nowadays.

(I'm betting this family are teaching their kids to dress properly for dinner too...)

;)

Archived