Holiday Inn Express-Plantation (FLL)

pinkbirds02

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Plantation? Just wondering what the rooms were like and how much the cab fare is from the airport to hotel and then to the cruiseport? Was there shopping and resaurants in the area?

Thanks for the help:p

My parents once lived in the Plantation area. Plantation is a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale. There is both shopping and restaurants in the area. Plantation is not far from the hugh Sawgrass Mills mall. Considering what you will have to pay for taxis and the convenience of having your own car, I would get a rental car. There is a shuttle from the rental car area at Ft. Lauderdale airport to the port.:)

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation last year. I don't recall seeing the Holiday Inn Express. The Hampton is just across the street from a mall - and across the street in the other direction, there are several strip malls that have many restaurants including a Carrabbas Italian Grill. It was no more than a 15 minute ride from the hotel to the pier. We had our own car so I can't speak to the cost of a cab ride.

DC mentioned Sawgrass Mills...that was about 10 minutes from the Hampton. If you can find the Hampton and the Hol. Inn Exp on a map, you might be able to better judge distances and potential costs of taxis, etc.

Have a great trip.

btw - the Hampton was gorgeous.

Also stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation and recommend it highly. Left our car there for the cruise, took the shuttle over and cabbed it back. Cab fare was $35 with tip as I recall (for 2). The hotel would have sent the shuttle back over but it did not start running until 9AM or so and we did not want to wait.

The Holiday Inn Express in Plantation is nowhere near the cruise port or the airport so why do you want to stay way out there? I know they offer a pretty good rate if you have the Entertainment Card but your savings will go out the window with taxi fares. I agree a car rental would be cheaper than roundtrip cab fare.

That said, this hotel used to be a regular Holiday Inn that was completely refurbished floor by floor and then rebranded as a Holiday Inn Express when everything was finished. There are restaurants in the area along University. Sawgrass Mills is not that far away but I wouldn't call it close either if you're having to pay a taxi.

BobK/Orlando

Archived