Hair Dryer on the Pearl?

romy

Packing question...Does the Pearl have decent, hand-held hair dryers or is the 5 watt wall-mounted, "Honey, I'll be done in a couple of hours" :rolleyes: number?

I usually bring my own, but am learning to pack light if at all possible.

BTW, I lurked over on the fashion & beauty forum and figured checking specifically with NCL/Pearl might be a better option.

Thanks!

Happy Sailing!!!

Romy

We packed ours and found we didn't need it. The ones in the rooms are the big ones and did a nice job. Now we don't have long, long hair but felt this was probalby the best in room on the wall hairdryer we've seen in any ship or land hotel. That's saying something! Leave it at home.

I'd recommend leaving your's home too. We sailed the Pearl in May and the one in the cabin was fine. My hair's fairly short, but very thick, and I had no trouble at all with it.

*waving at Ute_fan*

I was also on the Pearl in May and was pleasantly surprised by the dryer. My hair is long (mid-back) and thick and takes a while to dry under the most arid conditions, but it did the job.

I had brought along my own megadryer, just in case, and ended up regretting taking up valuable luggage space.

Hi blitheone :)

Don't you wish you were going again? We've suffering through a heat wave here in Utah. Daytime temps in the 95 - 100 range, and I'm thinking that nice cool Alaska weather would feel good about now!

I don't know if this helps or not but here is a picture of the hairdryer that was in the childrens room (my room) of the AB suite. I don't know what category room you have but I'm assuming the hairdryers are the same regardless of the room. I didn't use it myself so I can't comment on how well it works.

1656920610_myphoneandhairdryer.jpg.92977df1b7ec9cc1d3bcfae6a3fa576e.jpg

I brought my own because I need the cool button. I turned on the one in the cabin and it seemed really powerful. Would've been great if not for the missing cool button.

Pretty sure it's the one in the picture in the post above.

Thanks everybody! That settles it; mine will stay parked. I really appreciate all your help and the picture.

BTW, 3Beagles-hi there, I have 1 beagle-Baxter, are they great or what? There seems to be a few beagle-fans around here.;)

Happy Sailing!!!

Romy

I don't know if this helps or not but here is a picture of the hairdryer that was in the childrens room (my room) of the AB suite. I don't know what category room you have but I'm assuming the hairdryers are the same regardless of the room. I didn't use it myself so I can't comment on how well it works.

Hey thanks for posting! That one looks like it can get the job done. I have one less thing to pack now.....! :)

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...