St Kitts/Nevis Sail-Away

cruzfiend

TupeloHoney,

It is a very beautiful beach, the best I have ever been on. The food and drinks were great, the crew very entertaining. My avatar is a picture of that beach.

Happy Cruising:)

Best ever been on??? Is it the actual beach, the water, or the surroundings that made you say this?

The avatar is quite small; does anyone have any pictures of this beach, boat, water, etc?

The name of the beach is Cotton Ground Beach, below is a link to a picture of it. The reason I liked it was because of the sand, deep and hot, the water was clean and refreshing, the surroundings were quiet, no people, no buildings, felt like a deserted island. Just sun, sand, surf and fun.

http://www.nevisisland.com/gallery.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Traceybell,

Sorry, no beach chairs or water toys, it is a deserted beach. The sand is quite hot, so you need to take a towel with you and get to some shade. The crew is great, you will have a good time.

• 1 year later...

Sunshine's Beach Bar is just about 100 yards from the 4 Seasons, very nice little shack.Reminds me of Bomba's Shack. All the cruise/sail ships stop here. For some fun photos of Sunshine's Beach Bar see these photos:)

http://www.nevis1.com/sunshines.html

PS watch out for the killer bees!!! My hubby and I like the odd drink, but lord do these pack a punch:eek:

It will not be a problem for you to get to the beach from the boat. The catamaran goes right up to the shore. From what I recall, when you step off of the ladder you the water will be about knee deep, so there will be no need for you to swim. The same when you are ready to go back on the boat..

We will be on the Golden Princess which will be in St. Kitts, from 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM. The excursion is almost 7 hours long. That means most of it is in the early morning. It seems a bit early to be drinking. Is it still worth that much money- $120 pp? You all make it sound so wonderful, but our ship's times concern us.

Thanks for any input.

If you book the tour through the ship, there should be noi concern about the time as the excursion will get you back to the ship prior to its departure.

It's a great excursion and I'm yet to hear anyone who has experienced it say that they did not enjoy it. About drinking that early in the morning, you don't have to start drinking alcohol if you figure that it's too early for you. You can opt for something soft like ting or orange juice.

• 5 weeks later...

I am a diabetic and sugar drinks are a no-no. Do they offer bottled water and diet drinks? I have had my knees replaced and have trouble climbing back into boats. We will be on the Crown Princess in Nov. It seems if the ladder is in the front it will be a steep climb back onto the ship, correct? If you do not have alot of strength do you think one could get back on the ship from the snorkle? the beach?

OC PAT

Archived