Car Service from DE to NYC?

MHF

Am seriously thinking of driving to the inlaws the Friday night before departure and then having a car service pick us up there Saturday morning and take us to Brooklyn.

Anyone used an East Coast car service they can recommend? We'd be leaving from Newark, Delaware, in November. Would prefer not to "google" a company and hope for the best so I'm asking for recommendations! Don't need a limo.

And any clues as to cost? Driving a few more hours, parking for 10 days, and schlepping (sp?) luggage is not our idea of fun. And I don't want to fly as we've had terrible luck with planes, even going in the night before, and I want to take ALL my shoes so that lets out flying too. ;)

Melissa in Maryland

As an alternative to planes you might consider Amtrak; there might be more leeway regarding luggage and it won't get lost because you keep it with you (although it would require some schlepping). I can't help with a recommendation on a car service.

Am seriously thinking of driving to the inlaws the Friday night before departure and then having a car service pick us up there Saturday morning and take us to Brooklyn.

Anyone used an East Coast car service they can recommend? We'd be leaving from Newark, Delaware, in November. Would prefer not to "google" a company and hope for the best so I'm asking for recommendations! Don't need a limo.

And any clues as to cost? Driving a few more hours, parking for 10 days, and schlepping (sp?) luggage is not our idea of fun. And I don't want to fly as we've had terrible luck with planes, even going in the night before, and I want to take ALL my shoes so that lets out flying too. ;)

Melissa in Maryland

We have a guy in Baltimore we use to go to the airport. He told me that he would charge us somewhere around $300 or so one way to Brooklyn. We are probably going to drive ourselves. Hopefully, you can drop your bags with the porter before you park and there should be a minimum of schlepping! Where in Maryland are you? When are you going? We leave on November 30.

--Judy

Archived