In Room Breakfast

dcbiker97

Hello everyone. We will be sailing on the 10/13 Journey and was wondering about in room service. I've checked the boards and was hoping to find more information other than writing what you would like on the card. When we cruised on Constellation this April, we ate on our balcony all 11 days. We were spoiled by the CC menu which included hot items and we are hoping to repeat this experience. Is the breakfast menu continental or are hot items also available? Anyone have any menus they could scan in for everyone to see?

The pre-printed breakfast menu had two hot items: An egg and asparagus omlette and french toast. It also had extensive continental breakfast items including fruit, juices, coffee, tea, milk, cereal, pastries, muffins, bagels, toast, etc.

The menu was the same every day.

I think I remember seeing that some people wrote in items not posted on the menu and were successful getting them, like scrambled eggs and bacon, etc. Haven't been on the Journey yet myself....10/27/07, for me.

nlvc

One evening last week I requested ice cream -not on the menu. We could have gotten it had the dining room been open but since it was so late it was not available,

There is an avocado quesadilla and chefs salad available that was terrific.

We never ordered breakfast.

I think I remember seeing that some people wrote in items not posted on the menu and were successful getting them, like scrambled eggs and bacon, etc. Haven't been on the Journey yet myself....10/27/07, for me.

nlvc

This is correct - I had anything I wanted by writing it on the menu !

Larry

Just off the 7/7 Journey. Three days into the cruise the room service breakfdast menu changed from basically a continental style to a diverse menu with items such as omelets, fresh fruit and deanish, smoked salmon and fixings, steak and egg (6 oz NYSteak), etc. There is also a space for special requests. I was not in a sky suite.

• 2 weeks later...

cruisingdelt- are you saying that the menu changed for all categories?? not just SS?? we are in cat. 1A on 8/25. We have always loved starting our day with a hot breakfast on the balcony. Please advise

Thank you very much to everyone who has taken the time ot post.

cruisingdelt- are you saying that the menu changed for all categories?? not just SS?? we are in cat. 1A on 8/25. We have always loved starting our day with a hot breakfast on the balcony. Please advise

Thank you very much to everyone who has taken the time ot post.

We were in 7024 (a 2A), so I think it changed for the better for all passengers.

I was not in a suite and ate out on my deck every morning... I never ordered what was on the menu - I only wanted Bacon and Eggs with french toast in the AM and that is what they brought me...

Your butler will make sure you get your food to your liking.

Archived