Carnival Destiny dining rooms

Louise45

We are having dinner at 6:15. Does anyone know if that will in the Galaxy or the Universe dining room? I'm trying to get a good layout and see how far it will be from our room. Thanks.

It was the Galaxy when I sailed.... We loved having dinner there cuz it was closed during the day. We would have breakfast in the Universe for open seating and dinner in the Galaxy so we got to experience both dining rooms. :)

Here's the Deal on the Destiny...we just got back from it about a month ago....6:15 is in the Galaxy...the earlier dinning times on the Destiny...are the EASY ones to get. That can be a bit different from a lot of cruises...but since about 50% of the pax are from Puerto Rico...and they really like to eat very late in the evening...the LATE times are the hard ones to get. If you requested 6:15...you should get it!

Our past experience has been the same as most posting here- the early dining times were not full, but the late times were packed. It seems like it would be easy to get the 6:15pm dining time to me.

I was on Destiny a few years ago and requested early dinner. We eat early normally at home.. Half the dinning room was emty. A lot of tables where open.

I don't think you will have a problem getting that dinner time.. We have always done early seating and have never had a problem getting that time.

One time we tried late seating and will never do that again...

I had no idea that there was a 6:15 seating for dinner. When we cruised three weeks ago, we had a choice of 5:00, 5:30, 8:00 or 8:15 for dinner. The 5:00 and 8:00 seatings were in the Universe

DR and the 5:30 and 8:15 were in the Galaxy DR.

I think the Destiny's S Caribbean itinerary lends itself to more people than usual eating at the late seating. On the itinerary,of the 5 ports of call, every one leaves either 5:00 PM (3 times) or 6:00 PM (2 times). Early seating means that you may have to leave port a little earlier than you might want to in order to get back on board, wash up and change for dinner and make it to dinner.

We had late seating and I saw/heard a number of passengers doing what we did. We would come back on board within the last hour before sailing, we would wash up a little, put things away and then either rest a little or go to the Lido buffet for a "light snack". With 2-3 hours before dinner, there was plenty of time to relax and still get ready for dinner.

We've had early dining (2nd of 4th seating with 4 dining times) on every cruise, and we've never felt like we were getting onboard earlier than we would have anyway. And we are port junkies - we do major private tours most of the time. I personally wouldn't want to snack when getting back onboard, just to turn around and have a nice dinner a couple hours later. When we get onboard after a port, we get ready (very seldom rushed), and then are very hungry for our wonderful dinner.

But this is obviously a personal thing - we eat around 5-6 pm at home too - we don't like to go to bed with a full stomach.

Archived