Anchorage Hotels - Priceline?

phubli

Hello there,

Any suggestions on good centrally located hotels in Anchorage? We are staying there for a couple of days after our Princess Dawn cruise diembarks in Whittier on July 12. Also, did anyone tried priceline for Anchorage hotels? What do you usually get and what is the area to search? I just booked Vancouver hotel via priceline and got Hyatt Regency for $65 a night. Wish we could do that well in Ancorage.

check out www.biddingfortravel.com it is the priceline bible and will give you loads of info

Until our Cruise Critic Group Alaska Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;08;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Come check out the links below for our Cruise Critic group cruise to Alaska - August 2004

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=927093444&f=9693034447

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=43

Carnival Holiday 1991

Norwegian Sea August 2001

Carnival Triumph August 2003

Celebrity Horizon October 2003

Thanks. I checked out biddingfortravel and looks like Anchorage is hard to get on priceline. Well, there is always hotels.com...any suggestions for good centrally located hotels?

I tried Priceline last year for a May cruise (thought it would be easy to get in May) and it wasn't. I was lucky and was able to book Captain Cook hotel through Expedia for about $90 (my guess is it would be more expensive in July). This is a very nice hotel and is centrally located. Princess uses it with several of their tours.

I would like to book it but it is $239 !!!! for July! way to expensive.... I wonder if there is anything else in a good location but for half the price.

I checked out some B&bs but there are either not quite downtown or EXPENSIVE! Any reviews of the Westmark Hotel? It is available on hotels.com for $179 and seems to be the best downtown deal even though I am bulking at the price. May as well break down and book Captain Cook for $239.

we used priceline to get the Sheraton for $50 a night last August and again for May 15-17 (next week)...it is not "central" but about a 15 min safe walk from downtown area....not bad at all in my opinion

Thanks! Do you know if all priceline hotels are within walking distance from downtown? The area they indicate seems quite large. I would hate to bid and then end up in the boonies... icon_smile.gif

Archived