Emerald Princess-January 2008 - workout faciltiies

Fred49

Would someone give me an idea of what workout faciltiies are like on the Emerald Princess- spa, sauna and steam rooms, locker rooms. Are there a good selection of weight machines and free weights? Do they have Spinning classes?

Thanks.

Yes, to all of your questions. Since our itinerary was very port intensive, we did not take advantage of the options in the spa/gym but they are available and in brand new modern quarters. Plus there is a Swim Against the Water pool.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Fred,

I saw your post this morning and will respond since no one else has. While I haven't been on the Emerald yet (February 5, 2008), I've been on enough Princess cruises to safely say that the gyms are well-equipped. You will find state-of-the-art machines, free weights, some complimentary classes (aerobics, stretch) and some classes for which there is a charge (spinning, yoga), personal trainers (fee), changing facilities, sauna, showers, towels, etc. in a beautiful, air-conditioned, mirrored studio with TV monitors.

I think you'll be pleased with the gym facilities. Have a great cruise!

Chris

Fred,

I saw your post this morning and will respond since no one else has. While I haven't been on the Emerald yet (February 5, 2008), I've been on enough Princess cruises to safely say that the gyms are well-equipped. You will find state-of-the-art machines, free weights, some complimentary classes (aerobics, stretch) and some classes for which there is a charge (spinning, yoga), personal trainers (fee), changing facilities, sauna, showers, towels, etc. in a beautiful, air-conditioned, mirrored studio with TV monitors.

I think you'll be pleased with the gym facilities. Have a great cruise!

Chris

;) If you are going on the Emerald February 5th you must be catching her at sea cause she cruises to the Caribbean on the 4th. LOL Barb

First -- when are you sailing? We will be on her for the 15th Southern and the 25th Eastern cruise.

The workout facilities on most Princess ships is top notch and many even include personal t.v. on each aerobic machine. I have never take a group class but I use the gym frequently and find it to be my only saving grace when getting off the ship with only a minor gain in weight.

Note, very difficult sometimes to run on treadmill when the ship is moving, always be ready to grab onto sides to balance yourself.

And yes, the Emerald will be at sea on the 5th of Feb. As I will be getting off her on the 4th after 20 days, don't worry i will leave her in good shape.

Archived