Where's Itty Bitty?

Wadadli1

I saw him and his Mum & Dad a few times on the trip but missed the Cruise Critic meet up due to poss mal de mer! Arranging to meet up while traversing the Bay of Biscay not good idea! He looked just like his photo. The trip was to v hot places maybe not much fun with small creature.

Shouldn't he be home by now? I miss seeing his sweet little smiling face.

And I seem to recall he's got pictures to share. ;)

Yes we are home. We had a great time, Ittybitty was as good as gold. He slept every night in his pram so we got to eat our dinner and watch shows or go into the Queens room to watch the dancing or just enjoy a quiet drink. We had such a lovely time. The crew all loved the baby and everyone was so friendly even the captain said Matthew was the youngest and best behaved passenger on board.

Cant wait until next cruise now.

Nitty :)

Shouldn't he be home by now? I miss seeing his sweet little smiling face.

And I seem to recall he's got pictures to share. ;)

Nitwit will have to post the pics, I dont know how. We did get some good ones too.

Nitty

Do you have any tips about Cunard and little ones?

Not really however I did take a lunch box that could hold 2 of the babys bottles with some milton liquid which sterilized them in 15 minutes, this was much better than taking the massive electric unit. Also I bought a blow up bath for him and it fitted exactly in the bottom of the shower so I could still bath him every night. It a good job as our shower was so powerful that it hurt. The down side was that you werent allowed to take the babies into the outside pool (main pool not the baby bit) unless they are potty trained. However I took swimmer nappies and the staff in the indoor pool let us go in (I would imagine that some of the oldies could have done with swimmer nappies more than my son!).

If I think of anything else I will let you know. I,m so busy unpacking its going to take me forever.

Nitty

Yes we are home. We had a great time, Ittybitty was as good as gold. He slept every night in his pram so we got to eat our dinner and watch shows or go into the Queens room to watch the dancing or just enjoy a quiet drink. We had such a lovely time. The crew all loved the baby and everyone was so friendly even the captain said Matthew was the youngest and best behaved passenger on board.

Cant wait until next cruise now.

Nitty :)

Welcome home, kids!

Not really however I did take a lunch box that could hold 2 of the babys bottles with some milton liquid which sterilized them in 15 minutes, this was much better than taking the massive electric unit. Also I bought a blow up bath for him and it fitted exactly in the bottom of the shower so I could still bath him every night. It a good job as our shower was so powerful that it hurt. The down side was that you werent allowed to take the babies into the outside pool (main pool not the baby bit) unless they are potty trained. However I took swimmer nappies and the staff in the indoor pool let us go in (I would imagine that some of the oldies could have done with swimmer nappies more than my son!).

If I think of anything else I will let you know. I,m so busy unpacking its going to take me forever.

Nitty

Thanks, those are good tips! We had planned to bring the little inflatable bath for the shower. We thought we might also use it on the balcony for him to splash in a bit, knowing that the pool was probably off limits for him. He seems to love water already (he's a big fan of bath time), so having a little water to splash in seemed like a good idea.

How did you manage to bring enough diapers for the trip?

So, were you able to take all those beautiful gowns? How about the shoes????

Beth

Yes I took all my dresses but only 10 pairs of shoes. I should have taken less day shoes and more evening shoes as I seemed to wear the same black ones most evenings. I wore a different dress every night and my dress trousers for elegant casual night. I had some lovely comments too so it was worth all the hassle of taking them all.

Nitty

Thanks, those are good tips! We had planned to bring the little inflatable bath for the shower. We thought we might also use it on the balcony for him to splash in a bit, knowing that the pool was probably off limits for him. He seems to love water already (he's a big fan of bath time), so having a little water to splash in seemed like a good idea.

How did you manage to bring enough diapers for the trip?

I packed all the baby stuff into boxes and wrote on the front what was in each one so I didnt have to unpack them all in one go. I allowed 7 nappies a day and maybe 12 extra just in case. I actually had almost 2 packs too many in the end but better to have too many as too little.

Nitty

We go on QE2 to the Med in a couple of weeks. Quick question - did the aircon in the cabin and public rooms cope with the high outside temperatures there at the moment?

Thanks

Well yes I think so. I do however feel the cold and wore a dress with no need for a shawl every night in the Coronia restaurant, I thought the temperature was just perfect and my husband didnt complain about being too hot. In the Queens room it felt quite cold at times and the cabin did too so it seemed to cope very well. Saying that the Golden Lion got very hot most days as it seemed to get very busy but that was the only place.

It was really hot in all the ports we visited so dont bother taking jumpers etc (like I did) as you wont need them. Turkey and Malta were far too hot especially for Ittybitty, take lots of sun cream.

Have a nice cruise!

Nitty.

The reply from Nitty was very understated.Mathew was a perfect passenger.He was laughing all the times Tony and I saw him ,and at night in the Caronia resturant he slept like an angel.Also Nitty looked beautiful in her gowns and shoes!!They are a lovley family and were a pleasure to be with.

I will let you all know of our experiences soon!!!!!!

Regards

Kathie and Tonyx:)

The reply from Nitty was very understated.Mathew was a perfect passenger.He was laughing all the times Tony and I saw him ,and at night in the Caronia resturant he slept like an angel.Also Nitty looked beautiful in her gowns and shoes!!They are a lovley family and were a pleasure to be with.

I will let you all know of our experiences soon!!!!!!

Regards

Kathie and Tonyx:)

Thank you very much thats really nice to hear. It was a great pleasure to meet you both too.

Nitty & Co

In the Queens room it felt quite cold at times and the cabin did too so it seemed to cope very well. Saying that the Golden Lion got very hot most days as it seemed to get very busy but that was the only place.

Typical QE2 air conditioning:rolleyes: It can be like a sauna in one place and next door it's like a freezer!

i just can't post a picture:(

i can copy but can't paste. what am i doing wrong?

glenn.

When you hit post reply, click on the "manage attachments" under the additional options with the blue line, or instead just click on the "paper click" up next to the smiley face. Then you can browse to find your picture and upload.

When you hit post reply, click on the "manage attachments" under the additional options with the blue line, or instead just click on the "paper click" up next to the smiley face. Then you can browse to find your picture and upload.

now it's saying my picture is too big and i'll have to reduce it manually. how do i do that:confused:

glenn.

Archived