Is it possible to book a Celebrity cruise onboard Royal Caribbean and receive OBC?

lexxfield

Can any of you help with these two questions?

Is it possible to book a Celebrity cruise while on board a Royal Caribbean ship and receive the $100 on-board credit for the Celebrity cruise?

Also is it possible to reserve a Celebrity cruise for an unspecified date with a non-refundable $100 deposit while on board a Royal Caribbean ship?

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Not sure about the specifics as you described them, but you can book either line while on the other. We were recently on the Zenith and booked a cruise on the GOS, receiving what would have been the same on board credit as if we had booked on a RCL ship.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Thank you Bob and Phyl for answering my first question.

Let me explain my second question more clearly. There is a fairly new onboard booking option on Royal Caribbean. Pay a $100 per person deposit without specifying a cruise date. Then book a cruise anytime in the next three years and still receive the $100 onboard credit. Perhaps this is not available on Celebrity cruises.

By the way, I live one county over from Greenbrier County.

Thank you Bob and Phyl for answering my first question.

Let me explain my second question more clearly. There is a fairly new onboard booking option on Royal Caribbean. Pay a $100 per person deposit without specifying a cruise date. Then book a cruise anytime in the next three years and still receive the $100 onboard credit. Perhaps this is not available on Celebrity cruises.

By the way, I live one county over from Greenbrier County.

The answer to the second question is no. I already tried it while onboard. You would have to set a date, pay the regular deposit and later change the date if necessary.

Is it possible to book a Celebrity cruise while on board a Royal Caribbean ship and receive the $100 on-board credit for the Celebrity cruise?

Also is it possible to reserve a Celebrity cruise for an unspecified date with a non-refundable $100 deposit while on board a Royal Caribbean ship?

Be aware that X went to a new on-board-booking credit in 2008. The OBC is no longer based on length of cruise, but is now based on the price of the room. If the cabin cost [not pp cost] is less than $2000, the OBC is $50/cabin. We have previously done 14 night repos for less than $2000/cabin - we received $200/cabin OBC in the past, but would only get $50 now. There are higher credits for more expensive cabins, up to a maximum OBC/cabin of $300, for some high price [not sure what].

Hi lexxfield;

We were salied RCL BOS Dec06 and booked a ten night CEL Cruise aboard the Constellation for a Sailing Jan 2008 and received $200 OBC.

We later trasnferred the booking to Dec 2008 and the $200 OBC stayed with us.

Hope this helps

Chuck & Q

We have booked X on RC and RC on X. You will get the onboard credit for the cruise line that you are booking. So if you book a Celebrity cruise while on Royal Caribbean you will get the Celebrity credit.

Lexxfield:

The answer to both questions is a qualified yes.

We did book a Celebrity Cruise with an unspecified date while onboard the Rhapsody of the Seas in June 2007 - using the new Passages program which allows a non-refundable $100 deposit.

We *did* receive the $100 obc, but only because our cruise cost was in that range as explained below.

The On-board Booking Program is now based on the cost of the trip (minus fees and taxes) and not the length (all these effective 3/1/07).

Less than $2000 - $50 onboard credit

$2001 - 3499 - $100

$3500 - 5499 - $150

$5500 - 6999 - $200

$7000 & above - $300 (These costs do not include air)

On-Board Celebrity Passages calls for a $100 (non-refundable) deposit good for a future cruise. It can only be booked for Celebrity. (Copying from the Terms & Conditions: "A Celebrity Passages Booking is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Celebrity Cruises."

Hope this helps!

Carol

Lexxfield:

The answer to both questions is a qualified yes.

We did book a Celebrity Cruise with an unspecified date while onboard the Rhapsody of the Seas in June 2007 - using the new Passages program which allows a non-refundable $100 deposit.

We *did* receive the $100 obc, but only because our cruise cost was in that range as explained below.

The On-board Booking Program is now based on the cost of the trip (minus fees and taxes) and not the length (all these effective 3/1/07).

Less than $2000 - $50 onboard credit

$2001 - 3499 - $100

$3500 - 5499 - $150

$5500 - 6999 - $200

$7000 & above - $300 (These costs do not include air)

On-Board Celebrity Passages calls for a $100 (non-refundable) deposit good for a future cruise. It can only be booked for Celebrity. (Copying from the Terms & Conditions: "A Celebrity Passages Booking is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Celebrity Cruises."

Hope this helps!

Carol

It sounds like Celebrity is making a lot of changes. As of the bookings we made 5/07, RCL is still basing the OBC's on days. I had not heard that Celebrity is now doing it on $.

Archived