Oldie here!

sharisoda

Hi everyone, it's been a few years since I've posted here...

don't know where the time has gone! I have no excuses, but I have been cruising a lot!

I was one of the the cruisers who went on the "Enchanted Tiara" Cruise with Host Miriam, the Cruise Diva, Lori Linay, Tannise, katie, & a few others.....since that cruise I've been on cruises to Mexico, Bermuda, and Tahiti!

My next cruise is going to be on the Crystal Serenity in Sept! DH & I are going to the Greek Islands in celebration of our 40th anniversary!

I have already started to put my clothes together because I plan on packing very light...honest!!!

We will be flying into Rome and spending a few days there, then taking a train to Venice. (now you see why I must travel light)...Our cruise sails out of Venice on Sept 12th. I have a 25 inch Lightweight Travelpro (with spinners) and that's going to be my only suitcase! It's a 12 day cruise with 3 formal nights. I have one pair of silk pants with 3 different tops & I'm sticking with black and white with a few colors & some (fake) jewelry thrown in to jazz it up.

I have never been to Greece...have any of you? Just wondering..if you have any tips....

Hope to hear from you...

Sharisoda (Shari)

I remember reading some of your posts when I first got on these boards. I don't post often but glad to see you back. I really remember when you all we getting ready for the Enchanted Tiara cruise....had to be a blast. And the cruises you have done since sound spectacular. DH and I are doing the Panama Canan full transit in October so I can hardly wait.

Keeping on topic, I went shopping today and bought several shorts, a pair of capris, 3 tops and a pair of shoes for about $100...gotta love living in the midwest this time of year when they are making room for the winter clothes!!:D

Here here on the summer stuff! I don't do Ann Taylor (not my style) but I went with a friend yesterday, and she got an insane amount of clothes there for a little over $300.

Unfortunately I couldn't wait for the sales and grabbed stuff when I saw it, so I am pretty much set for the cruise already. LOL Now my new obsession is necklaces to go with my gowns, and I still look for shoes every now and then.

Carol, I will be anxious to hear about your Panama Canal Cruise. It's one that DH & I are hoping to take someday!

Good for you for buying your cruise clothes now...sounds like you found some bargains...

Shari

Hi, Shari....it's nice to "see" you back on this board :)

A few of the ET cruisers come here and post once in a while, those of us who've been here for years (:o ) do miss all of you and the fun you used to have. Before people started to get too sensitive and lost their sense of humor!

There was a thread a few days back where we were trying to remember the woman who wrote extensive stories about her cruise wardrobe, no detail left out. I can hardly remember a persons name from last week, let alone a few years ago, so do you have a clue???? She was from Northern CA, had a wonderful husband and a son she adored. I think she was a writer, or a writing teacher.

Hi there! Good to see you again, too!

Oh yes, I remember! That was Oaktown Traveler. I printed some of her postings and still have them to this day. I still get a kick out of reading them. She posted for awhile at the Fodor's travel board but got into some "hot water" there, too. Guess some people were just a little intimidated by her. I actually enjoyed her! She really knew how to "spice" things up!

Thank you, mafig and Shari, that was driving me crazy ;)

I sure wish she would come back, I can understand how some people just didn't "get" her. I always read her posts as tongue in cheek, she did have good taste!

I think she deserved an award for the biggest overpacker :)

And Tannise? She was a riot :)

I'm not asking about Lori Linay, she still comes around sometimes. I believe she is the person who started the fashion board originally, with her "Overpacking" thread. How I wish I would have saved that thread before they deleted the first few years of CC :p

Archived