If buying last minute goodies, how to bring them on airline?

alikim

Since we'll be making stop at Dole Plantation on our last NCL excursion before going to the airport, what would be the best way to bring back goodies/gifts on airline?

Our big luggage will be already packed so we won't able to put them in the luggage. If I were to take big empty carryon for the last minute goodies/gifts, will I have problem boarding the airplane with this bag?

I was at the Dole's website and want to bring back some Pineapple BBQ sauce, Pineapple salad dressing, sugar cane they are selling, cookies, candies, and etc.

Since we'll be making stop at Dole Plantation on our last NCL excursion before going to the airport, what would be the best way to bring back goodies/gifts on airline?

Our big luggage will be already packed so we won't able to put them in the luggage. If I were to take big empty carryon for the last minute goodies/gifts, will I have problem boarding the airplane with this bag?

I was at the Dole's website and want to bring back some Pineapple BBQ sauce, Pineapple salad dressing, sugar cane they are selling, cookies, candies, and etc.

Check with your airline about the weight or size of carryon first. Otherwise have it shipped to your home.

I read a post the other day where someone stated they had to throw away the BBQ sauce that they had in their carry on.

I also read a post where someone suggested mailing things home, so that's an option.

Out of curiosity, I added about $50 worth of items (avg $6 ea) to the cart to find out what the shipping costs are. However, they don't make this easy. I would have to register and create a password before I can even find out what the cost would be. Didn't do it.

Also, the FAQ says that USPS is taking 2-3 weeks for orders, or you can select a Fedex 2 day option. I imagine Fedex will be somewhat pricey.

Given the "no liquids > 3 oz" carryon rule, I'm not surprised to hear about BBQ sauce not being allowed. You should be able to put it in your checked baggage.

Thank you for the reminder. I had forgotton about "no liquid" rule.

Hopefully I'll able to squeeze the bottles in my luggage...that mean won't do easy fly but will carry the luggage ourselves and open our luggage at the airport before checking them in.

But everything else (non-liquid) goodies should be okay in carry-on right?

And also, are those Dole BBQ and Sald dressing ONLY sold in Dole Plantation? Is there other places that we can get them such as Wal-Mart?

Thank you again.

I read a post the other day where someone stated they had to throw away the BBQ sauce that they had in their carry on.

I also read a post where someone suggested mailing things home, so that's an option.

But everything else (non-liquid) goodies should be okay in carry-on right?

I think so, there's a post where they are talking about bringing pineapples in the carry on. I have done this at WDW and never had an issue. There were more disney bags then suitcases being carried up.

Also remember that if you are talking about actual pineapples they have to clear the "Ag" inspection. So you may find it easier to have them shipped.

You just need to find the pineapples that are certified for export. I'd be surprised if they are alowed to mail them if you can't carry them, so you need the same type.

BTW, the cheapest shipping is Priority Mail. Fedex, UPS, etc are very expensive.

Archived