Constellation Dining Room

luvocean9

What is your favorite place to be seated in the M class dining room and why?

I was thinking it would be nice to be on the railing upstairs so we could see most of the dining room as well as have a nice view out the big stern window.

What size table do you prefer?

In a past non-X cruise, we were at a table of 10 and dinner took 2.5 hours! Never again. The server waited for all courses to be finished so he could serve the same course all at once. Some people ordered several appetizers, so we had to wait for them to be served and finished before we could get the main course. I like a round table for 6 so everyone can face each other and talk, but service is still swift.

It would be nice to know of other's preferences and experiences Celebrity style. We have never sailed X before.

I was thinking it would be nice to be on the railing upstairs so we could see most of the dining room as well as have a nice view out the big stern window.

In a past non-X cruise, we were at a table of 10 and dinner took 2.5 hours! Never again. The server waited for all courses to be finished so he could serve the same course all at once. Some people ordered several appetizers, so we had to wait for them to be served and finished before we could get the main course. I like a round table for 6 so everyone can face each other and talk, but service is still swift.

It would be nice to know of other's preferences and experiences Celebrity style. We have never sailed X before.

2.5 hours for dinner sounds about right. One of the luxuries of dining on a cruise is a leisurely dinner with good wine, good tablemates, good conversation and no rushing. In most European cities, 2.5 hours would be a quick lunch!

We always ask for large tables and have been seated at tables for 10, 8, 6, and 4 (it was Thanksgiving week and all the large tables were taken by family groups). No matter the size of the table, dinner always took about 2.5 hours except one cruise where we all clicked so well and had such a great time that we were always the first table to arrive and the last to leave (usually leaving after all the remaining tables were set up for breakfast). The only way that you could possibly solve this is to sit at a table for just your party. But even then, it could take about 2 hours for dinner. Your waiter just doesn't serve your table, he will have 1-2 more depending on table size. With the way the galley is set up they try to serve all the same courses at the same time so that they don't have to go through more than one line. If your table is ready for the soup course and the other table is ready for entrees, your waiter will have to go through two different stations to get the food for his tables.

One of the things that we do is never sit in the exact same position at the table each night. It gives us a chance to converse with everyone and is definitely a benefit for larger tables. A secondary benefit is that your waiter and asst waiter have to know you by sight instead of just bringing your usual coffee or iced tea to your regular spot.

We actually like a large table on the main floor - somewhat near the windows. Depending on when you cruise, there really isn't much to see at dinner (could be dark) and on formal nights, the shades are drawn.

We always dine at the table for eight next to the captains table in the rear. I love looking out the window or seeing the entire lower floor of the dining room. We always request that table when we book the cruise....so far, no problem.:)

We've been on the lower level about one row away from the Captain's table by a post (on both sides of the room) and upstairs by the railing towards the stair about in the middle (again, on both sides) and have enjoyed both. I think that it is a little bit louder downstairs because of the high ceiling. At all of our tables, we've always rotate so that everyone gets a chance to see all the dining room. I prefer tables of eight. It just seems like a nice size.

Railing near rear windows on deck 5. Nice quiet low traffic area with good site lines of dining room and out aft windows.

Yes. Tables for 8 - 500, 503, 504,507. Tables for 6 - 508, 517. Even are on starboard, odd on port.

1. eight 2. six

Our tables of eight would take from 1:45 to 2:15 hours.

Have a great cruise.

We had a table near the Captain's table and could not hear ourselves think. Conversation was impossible. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to sit there.

We had a table near the entrance and we loved it. It was nice and quiet. The conversation was great. Same for the table we had upstairs.

sometime ago, someone posted a number and a name to contact for requesting a table location.

Does anyone recall the # and the person's name?

Hi Grace:) try this number 800-242-6374, press option 2.

Stan has helped me in the past. You could see if he is still

there.

Hi Grace:) try this number 800-242-6374, press option 2.

Stan has helped me in the past. You could see if he is still

there.

Hi Lois !

As of about 3 months ago, Stan was still there. He is very pleasant, and accomodating (when possible).

I just called the 800# and talked to a woman there. She told me that I have to contact my TA, as we are booked in a "group", and our table is assigned with the group.

Now, I will contact my TA....but if this does not work, I will try and change once we get on board, through the Matre'd.

Stan is still there and IS very nice. He was able to put in the "priority" request for our April TA, but couldn't access the Sept TA because it was a group. I'vve emailed the travel agent to request that they handle this.

Thanks, Lois. Great info.

Bobbie

We always dine at the table for eight next to the captains table in the rear. I love looking out the window or seeing the entire lower floor of the dining room. We always request that table when we book the cruise....so far, no problem.:)

We had this table on the TA Westbound last September and really enjoyed the views (we rotated each evening) and certainly had no difficulty with conversation with our wonderful table mates.:)

We take late booking and have had our TA request it again for the Baltic cruise so we look forward to more 2.5 to 3 hour delightful dinners.:D

Dave & Liz

Does anyone remember the table number of the table they enjoyed? We had one we liked near the Capatain's Table. Would "Stan" need the number of the table that a person is interested in?

In addition to the above recomendations - When you arrive in your stateroom you will find a card with your seating info on it. If you want to change anything you will find the maitre'd in the Rendevous lounge but go right away. I was able to change my table to my favorite waiter.

My husband and I had a table for 2next to the railing on The Constellation and really enjoyed it. :)

Donna, was your 2 seater on the second upper floor? Any idea what your table number was?

Thanks

Daphna

Does anyone remember the table number of the table they enjoyed? We had one we liked near the Capatain's Table. Would "Stan" need the number of the table that a person is interested in?

On our first cuise, on Century, we had no table assigned to us when we boarded. We were put not far from the Captain's Table, in the center of the room, near one of the servers' stations. I think it was #502. It is still, today, my favorite location. It was a table for 4 that was turned into a table for two. I am going to use the information from another poster on this thread to call and see if I cannot get the same location for our November cruise for four of us. :)

Stan has helped me in the past. You could see if he is still there.

Stan is still there, but when I called today, Maria said he was off today. Still, after my fumbling for my reservation number, Maria was able to pull up my reservation, saw that a table for two had been requested, and while she "could not release" the table number to me, told me that I'm at a table for two, in the aft corner, on the port side. This puts me EXACTLY where I wanted to be. Only table 431 would be less than ideal, but I'm just fine with all the other tables for two in the vicinity. I had put in a request, through my TA, for several table numbers that were more in the middle of the dining room, figuring the aft ones would be for the suites and CC elites. I'm just happy to get a table for two, and tickled that it will be one along the walls.

Archived