How Can You Find Out . . . . ?

Tvisitor

HAL’s discount for the Jan 22 and Feb 5 departures of the Oosterdam are at 58% (or greater), while the discount for Jan 29 (my cruise) is only 46%. The only reason I can think of is that the January 29 departure is selling much better, but why? Can anyone think of a reason? Is there something about Jan 29 that makes that date more attractive (aside from the fact that I plan to be there and everyone will have a better time as a result – ha ha ha). If the cruise is selling better because some large group purchased a block of cabins (i.e. a convention, a sales incentive reward group, or something like that), is there a way to find out in advance what large group is going to be sailing on that cruise?

It is probably just the "supply and demand" thing. I see this very often. There is nothing that I am aware of that makes that date different.

Hal will not tell you if there is a large group.

Super bowl weekend?

But wouldn't that likely make the discounts on January 29th better? Wouldn't many football fans not want to sail that week and possibly miss the televised game, thus leaving loads of unsold cabins? It's my understanding getting a satellite feed for such an event would be a hit or miss affair. Or, am I wrong about this?

Blue skies ...

--rita

:D :D You think like me, KK......except that the New England Patriots, are, of course, the defending Super Bowl Champs. Even I got 'excited about the game' last year.......and I'm hopeful for the upcoming season!!! DH would not be happy if the Patriots were playing in Super Bowl and he was unable to see the game.

Archived