Has RCCL contacted anyone

regarding a breach in their computer security? I just received a call and they said that the information (name and address) from the guest survey that is filled out and dropped off at the guest relations desk was downloaded onto a computer that had the information available over the internet. They are offering a free one year credit monitoring through an independent company. Is this for real or just another one of those credit protection services that credit card companies offer... one year free and then you get charged? I hate to be paranoid about it, but I assume if this is legit other people who have cruised recently would have received the same call. What is your take on this? Do you think they would have sent out letters instead of calling if it was legit? The only information they asked for was spelling of my first name and date of birth.:confused:

Four or five months ago, I got a letter stating the same information...that the computer was "compromised" and RCI offered the free one year credit monitoring. Did not take them up on the offer, but have been monitoring our credit reports, just in case........????

Get there name & number and tell them you'll call them back. If they even give you the number goggle the number and see who owns it. Besides what is on the survey other the a bunch of dots, there is no personal information, They have all that based on your room number.

SCAM

Thanks Gator....

The info on the old thread answered most of my questions. I still think its strange that I received a phone call and not a letter. Like most of the other people that encountered this situation, I will not sign up for the "free" monitoring. I don't intend to give anyone else any information especially online.

I recently received a letter from a co. stating that my checking account info had been compromised. The letter looked legit and had the last 4 digits of my account number, along with my name, address....I called my bank and they told me NOT to go on that website and NOT to give info over the phone, that only they would contact me regarding a breech in the account. They suspect it was phishing, where thieves try to get your info by looking legitimately concerned.

I would call RCI if you are concerned. I wouldn't give anyone any information over the phone or go on a website.

Interestingly enough, I did have a problem with RCCL's on-line security, but it was a totally different issue than this one.

I booked all my shore excursions on Royal Caribbean's website for my last cruise. Sometime during the transaction my credit card information was compromised. Luckily my CC company is really on the ball and realized there was fraud taking place with my account.

It does make me hesitant to book my next batch of excursions on-line. I may just gather the information and call to reserve them.

Archived