Which shore excursion in Buenous Aires?

Cruzer Two

My recommendation would be to take a highlights tour of Buenos Aires so you can see the major areas including La Recoleta Cemetary, Plaza De Mayo which contains the historic government house and cathedral, along with other major sites. If you have time on your own visit Florida Avenue which is known for its shopping and if you have an overnight there go see a Tango show.

Keith

Ron, I agree that a highlights city tour is the way to go. We saw so much and the city is amazing. I had the bus let me off on Florida Avenue and I spent an hour looking in the shops, grabbed some lunch at a cafe, and just generally soaked up the atmosphere. I took the free shuttle bus from the H. Stern store back to the ship and then went on an excursion to a tango show (without dinner). The show was great fun. Dinner that night on the ship was a BBQ around the pool with the roof open, etc.... a beautiful evening. I spoke with people who did the excursion out to a ranch and they loved it, but it was a long, hot bus ride each way and they didn't see anything of the city. BA is amazing and I was sorry that we only had 1 day there...2 days would have been so much better.

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking of doing the same thing while in BA for l day....the city highlights and then on our own on Florida Street. Does the bus leave you off near Florida, or do you have to take a cab from where you leave the tour bus? And is David Stern a leather store?

• 2 weeks later...

H. Stern is a world famous jeweller with stores in many cities in the world. They are headquartered in Brazil. They will offer you free transportation to their store. I have seen many stores in various hotels in SA and in a number of hotels in Israel. They have beautiful, expensive designs.

Fran

Archived