Ship in Galveston Summer 2008 - Letter campaign begun

Texascruiseguy

We are beginning a letter writing campaign to ask Royal Caribbean to "please" bring a ship to Galveston during the summer of 2008

Despite recent reports, Royal has no plans to bring a ship to Galveston during the summer months of 2008.

Please take a few minutes and write a letter to the president of the company. After years of being in Galveston and now "teasing" us with Voyager which leave next April...they are going to leave us with nowhere to drive to get on a ship. Thanks alot Royal Caribbean.

Alan Goldstein

President

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

Dear Mr. Goldstein:

As a loyal Royal Caribbean cruiser, your recent decision to pull your ship out of Galveston from May until the fall of 2008 is disappointing. This is the prime cruise season and for years you have advertised your ships to Texas cruisers....asking us to come to Galveston and get on your ship. Now there will be no ship in Galveston or New Orleans for us to "get on".

I am asking you to reconsider and move any ship to Galveston to fill this void. We have been loyal to your company and taken numerous cruises. Now it is time to be loyal to your many Texas customers. Please don't force us to climb aboard a Carnival ship as we might like it and not get off!

Thanks for your time,

End of letter

Please join me in writing this or a similar letter to Mr. Goldstein. If enough of us write him, he might change his mind.

Steve

Texascruiseguy

• Administrators

It's a nice idea, but what would be even nicer is if you got Mr. Goldstein's name correct on the letters -- its Adam Goldstein.

Laura

• 4 weeks later...
Well Laura at least someone is trying and I do not care how you spell his name if they pull out his name will be MUD in my opinion......

WOW. I am super bummed! I just posted a new thread on the RC discussion board about this because I could not find a ship out of Galveston for summer of 2008. We are planning to get our best friends hooked on cruising this coming summer and the 4 of us were looking forward to jumping on a RC ship!

It has sadly become apparent that Royal Caribbean either

1. does not like the Gulf business or

2. does not want to go one-on-one with Carnival.

They have pulled out of New Orleans, and have never shown any interest in Mobile. In Mobile's case [and perhaps N.O., I don't know] the problem is that RCI has very few ships that will fit the harbor. If they pull out of Galveston, we are left with possibilities 1. and 2.

Whatever, when I saw that there were no New Orleans sailings after April '07, I quit using my RCI Visa card and drove all the way from Nashville to Port Canaveral for a 4-day Bahamas cruise to use up my points. I was an RCI devotee too, at first. Then, once the "gee-whiz" effect of the floating city wore off, I tried Carnival and found that the "fun ships" really are fun.

Since RCI has been there, done that, and apparently didn't like our t-shirts, maybe we should start wooing Norwegian and Princess.

I was told by the port authority policeman last weekend that Royal Caribbean is bring a bigger ship this December. I just assumed that it would be a year round ship. He told me it was the Voyger of the Seas

RoyalCaribbean put a big ad in the travel sections of several city newspapers Sunday and had a pull out 4 page ad. That being said the ad said little new. Very odd we all thought. Dallas and Houston had the ad, dont know who else.

Im booked on the Voyager next March. Cant say Im keen on the price of this mega ship, but Im up for it.

I cannot find Voyager of Sea anywhere after April 2008 until Fall 2008...So I think it is a sell-a-thon to try and book up Dec 2007 until April 2008 and then they will announce Summer 2008 RCCL will stay in TEXAS....I am like the rest of you I cannot forsee RCCL not having any ship in Galveston and going up against Carnival for Summer of 08...I googled VOS and she does not show dry dock or any where so your guess is as good as mine.....Lets hope RC comes through in summer....if not as high as airlines tickets and fuel are getting ....I cannot afford to take 5-6 cruisers and go to Miami or PC......so I need Galveston, so it might have to be CONQUEST again.......I was on Navigator of Seas in Miami 2 years ago for Eastern Carr. and it is a great ship and we group of 20 plus was really looking forward to Summer 08 Galveston VOS trip......

Voyager will be in Europe for the summer of 08. The transatlantic sailings will take her from Galveston in April and return her December 14. The European sailings and cruisetours have been booking for quite a while.

Galveston will definately be a Carnival-only port for the summer, just as it will be from now until Christmas '07.

you know i do not understand rccl- we went on the rhapsody in august and it was totally full- i mean - come on- these are mostly texans who like to spend money and have fun!!

how can they think the other places can book more and spend more??

we have decided to postpone our cruising until we see something better outta galveston-

we have a great ocean and a great port- so what's up??

we will just fly to the fun places and spend OUR hard earned dollars elsewhere!! i do not want to travel on carnival and that huge ship- thank you very much-- i will wait and see!!!:mad:

I too am so upset about all of the good ships pulling out of Galveston. We live in Louisiana 2 hours drive from Galveston. Tuesday we decided that we needed a "Caribbean Fix" so I called my TA to see what we could get. CARNIVAL! We were on the Conquest in April and thought it was okay. Not great, just okay. The crazy thing is that a balcony on the Conquest was going to cost us MORE than a flight to Ft. Lauderdale AND the cruise in a balcony cabin on the Zuiderdam or Westerdam. (No balconies were available for the dates we were able to get away). We are staying home!

If Carnival can charge that much for their cabins (if you notice Carnival prices out of Galveston are always higher than other ports) there must be a greater demand in this area of the country. To me that would rule out any theory that the Texas market is saturated. Could there be an issue with the port? The city of Galveston and area merchants have done so many nice things in the Strand area. I certainly would hate to see that falter.

Anybody out there from Galveston area who can shed some light on this? We love Galveston and want to support it, but not particularly on Carnival ships.

We are beginning a letter writing campaign to ask Royal Caribbean to "please" bring a ship to Galveston during the summer of 2008

Despite recent reports, Royal has no plans to bring a ship to Galveston during the summer months of 2008.

Please take a few minutes and write a letter to the president of the company. After years of being in Galveston and now "teasing" us with Voyager which leave next April...they are going to leave us with nowhere to drive to get on a ship. Thanks alot Royal Caribbean.

Alan Goldstein

President

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

Dear Mr. Goldstein:

As a loyal Royal Caribbean cruiser, your recent decision to pull your ship out of Galveston from May until the fall of 2008 is disappointing. This is the prime cruise season and for years you have advertised your ships to Texas cruisers....asking us to come to Galveston and get on your ship. Now there will be no ship in Galveston or New Orleans for us to "get on".

I am asking you to reconsider and move any ship to Galveston to fill this void. We have been loyal to your company and taken numerous cruises. Now it is time to be loyal to your many Texas customers. Please don't force us to climb aboard a Carnival ship as we might like it and not get off!

Thanks for your time,

End of letter

Please join me in writing this or a similar letter to Mr. Goldstein. If enough of us write him, he might change his mind.

Steve

Texascruiseguy

RCCL is also pulling out of Baltimore next summer. We went on one this past June. It was great not to have to fly somewhere.

Archived