Broadway Play For Aug. 30????

05mak05

By the way, funny story... about 10 years ago I was on a Metro North train headed to NYC to see Les Miserables... there was a guy across the row from us who was on his cell phone bitching about how much he hated his job, and how he wasn't getting paid enough to put up with this crap, yada yada yada... lo and behold, guess who we saw ON STAGE at the show... the train guy!

Thanks for the broadwaybox.com suggestion! Tried to buy tickets at broadwayoffers.com, but the discount I was trying to get was only for American Express cards... found a different code for the same discount on broadwaybox.com, got Xanadu tickets for $85 instead of the regular $111!

Broadwaybox.com is great. It's probably the best one of the group, especially if you know what you want to see and have a specific date in mind.

By the way, funny story... about 10 years ago I was on a Metro North train headed to NYC to see Les Miserables... there was a guy across the row from us who was on his cell phone bitching about how much he hated his job, and how he wasn't getting paid enough to put up with this crap, yada yada yada... lo and behold, guess who we saw ON STAGE at the show... the train guy!

That is funny. Living in New York I run into Broadway people all the time, I just never recognize them. After I saw the Full Monty, I was telling a neighbor all about it as we were walking the dogs (it was great). A couple stopped to talk to us and pet the dogs. My neighbor is British and the couple said they were moving to England for a few months due to the husband's job. After talking for awhile, we found out he was one of the leads of the Full Monty and going on the London Tour.

We've been out of pocket so I'm just now getting back to the cruisecritic boards. WOW! What great suggestions and thank you. I think that this time around we'll do the toursity thing and get tickets for a harbor tour, maybe the double decker bus, Chinatown and also try to get discounted tickets for a Broadway show. We've eaten at some really good Chinatown restaurants but I don't remember the names. Any suggestions?

Last Thanksgiving my daughter and I went to see a little known show called Spring Awakening. It was awesome and we said this one will win awards.

We also saw Drowsy Chaperone that same weekend and did not like it as much as everyonle did. Bought those tickets the day of the show at the 1/2 price tickets.

Last Thanksgiving my daughter and I went to see a little known show called Spring Awakening. It was awesome and we said this one will win awards.

We also saw Drowsy Chaperone that same weekend and did not like it as much as everyonle did. Bought those tickets the day of the show at the 1/2 price tickets.

"Spring Awakening" did win several awards . . .that said, it might not appeal to the mass public due to subject content. I think people should go to Playbill.com and read the synopsis of each play before ordering tickets. Everyone has different tastes and expectations, and opinions. There is no such thing as the wroing opinion about something. That said, I hated "Rent". LOL But there are "Rentheads" who have seen the show 100 times. Go Figure.

"Spring Awakening" did win several awards . . .that said, it might not appeal to the mass public due to subject content. I think people should go to Playbill.com and read the synopsis of each play before ordering tickets. Everyone has different tastes and expectations, and opinions. There is no such thing as the wroing opinion about something. That said, I hated "Rent". LOL But there are "Rentheads" who have seen the show 100 times. Go Figure.

I don't get the "Rentheads" either. I was glad I saw that show for free. I would have been upset if I had to pay for it.

That being said, I agree with you that there are no wrong opinions. Not every show can appeal to everyone.

We've been out of pocket so I'm just now getting back to the cruisecritic boards. WOW! What great suggestions and thank you. I think that this time around we'll do the toursity thing and get tickets for a harbor tour, maybe the double decker bus, Chinatown and also try to get discounted tickets for a Broadway show. We've eaten at some really good Chinatown restaurants but I don't remember the names. Any suggestions?

Wo Hop but make sure you eat at the basement restaurant, not the one at street level.

Archived