Meloncello

I made a big mistake. We tried meloncello (creme di meloncello, actually) for the first time this summer and loved it! I thought I would be able to buy at the duty free shops in the DaVinci Airport. Wrong! :eek:

Now I'm stuck in Florida without my meloncello and my local wine/liquor stores do not have it (and have never even heard of it). Any ideas on where in the U.S. I can order??? I've tried the internet with no luck. If you haven't tried it -- make sure you don't miss it!

well have tried and heard others rave about lemoncello, but never heard of meloncello. Lemoncello is sold all through the Amalfi/ Pompeii area as it is made from those huge lemons grown on the hillsides around Sorrento and it is yummy But it can be bought here at almost any liqour store.

Wow, sounds good. Here is a recipe using Lemoncello which you can find easily. This is from the food network. I have not tried it myself:

Meloncello:

Yellow or pink cocktail sugar or sanding sugar (sold at specialty stores), optional

1 cup cubed seedless watermelon

Ice cubes

3 1/2 ounces limoncello

1/2 ounce lemon-flavored or light rum

Splash club soda

Lemon wedge

Rim a rocks glass with the sugar, if desired, and put in the freezer. Puree the watermelon cubes in a blender until juicy.

Fill the prepped glass with ice. Add the watermelon juice, limoncello and rum. Top off with enough club soda to give the drink a light bubble. Garnish with the lemon wedge. Drink.

When I googled it I came up with that recipe and this site that sells it:

http://www.sestogusto.com/catalogue.asp?cat=20

Hope this helps

bottle cost about $20 usd------put in freezer for several hours

then when ready for a Limoncello Martini------just chill your glass fill half with Limoncello and half with Kettle one-------straight up

ice would be optional-------Ciao

bottle cost about $20 usd------put in freezer for several hours

then when ready for a Limoncello Martini------just chill your glass fill half with Limoncello and half with Kettle one-------straight up

ice would be optional-------Ciao

OHHH, that sounds good too. We make our Limoncello with half limoncello and half Sweet & Sour mix with a lemon wedge. Limoncello in Positano was only $8E. Wish I could have brought home more!

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I made a big mistake. We tried meloncello (creme di meloncello, actually) for the first time this summer and loved it! I thought I would be able to buy at the duty free shops in the DaVinci Airport. Wrong! :eek:

Now I'm stuck in Florida without my meloncello and my local wine/liquor stores do not have it (and have never even heard of it). Any ideas on where in the U.S. I can order??? I've tried the internet with no luck. If you haven't tried it -- make sure you don't miss it!

Hi Debbie:

We also loved the creme di meloncello!! :D I debated heavily whether to attempt to bring a bottle home in our checked bags. Ultimately, we did buy it and it resides safely in our fridge. I knew we could get the limoncello here, since we've had it before, but I'm sorry to say I've never seen the meloncello. I'll ask my Italian friends and get back to you if I find anything.

Hi, Debbie. We also tried the creamy meloncello from Capri on our recent cruise, and love it! We did purchase a bottle on Capri; it had to spend the remainder of the cruise in the naughty room. The brand name is Labadia and the actual product name on the bottle is "Crema al Melone". The label also says "S.Arpino - Italy". Probably where it is manufactured? A quick internet search did not turn up much for me, but hope this helps you track some down in the US. Good luck, and safe travels!

• 4 years later...

I know this is a very old thread --- but the situation remains desperate :). Does ANYONE have a lead on where I can buy Crema de Melone in the U.S. or at least where I can buy it to be shipped here?

Thanks,

mike

I know this is a very old thread --- but the situation remains desperate :). Does ANYONE have a lead on where I can buy Crema de Melone in the U.S. or at least where I can buy it to be shipped here?

Thanks,

mike

Do you have a "Total Wine" in your area? I find they have a tremendous selection of almost anything.

Here is a link .......

http://www.liquor4sale.com/home.html

You have to email them with your US address to get the shipping charges...... and perhaps this may make the cost prohibitive......but you can order from them if you are willing to pay ;)

Thank you, I did fin them --- but the shipping is so much more than the product! (16 british puonds each 70cl bottle.). Here is the shipping quote to California:

The postage prices from Europe are as follows.

1 x bottle @ £25

2 x bottles @ £45

3 x bottles @ £55

4 x bottles @ £65

Do you have a "Total Wine" in your area? I find they have a tremendous selection of almost anything.

Thanks, I have contacted them and will see what they say =)

Archived