Arriving at EWR at 7am, will we be met?

laidbackin LA

We are flying the redeye from LAX the night of the 24th of Aug.

What will we be doing from 7am Aug 25 until we can board? Is someone going to meet us so early in the morning? We have the bus transfer vouchers.

I suggest you check with your travel agent...

Jan

I do not think that the line reps are there before 10 am or so.

You could check with your T/A or the line on this.

But it is a contract service and someone on this or any board should be able to tell you when they got picked up.

I would just CAB it over to the pier from Newark.

But...

Ship does not load till about 11:30am or so.

Additionally.

There is not a lot in the area where the pier is so getting there early is just watching the late goers depart.

As you enter the area where the pier area is - it is a mile plus drive to the ship. There is a strip mall to the right. So if you need to buy something and you can do it qiuck this is the place.

why not do a 'google' search for what you might do to occupy your time at Newark Airport? I think you might be able to get a massage or somesuch. A massage after a long flight and before a long day sounds great!

nlvc

We are going on Journey September 1 and are taking the shuttle to the Marriott at the airport will have breakfast (we arrive at 7) and sit in comfort at the hotel ..at 11:00am I have a van picking us up to take us to the port..

be creative!

Jan

to fill the time you might google PATH Train and get the quick and inexpensive connection to Bayonne.

Check your bags and go shopping for an hour or so at Newport Center in Jersey City right across from a PATH Station..

Nice thought.

But they would have to take the train at the airport to the Penn Station in Newark.

Then the path to Pavonia Newport to the mall.

All while taking the luggage with them.

Then take the lite rail down to the mile plus walk to the ship terminal.

The cruise line told me that they start transferring to the ship around 10am. If you are coming in on Continental you will have to go over to another building at Newark airport to find a place to sit and get something to eat. We did that last year while we waited for our prearranged transfers via Carmel limo service. It was about $75.00 for a mini-van which we needed since there was 4 of us. We waited until 10:30 to call for the shuttle since you will either wait at the airport or the ship terminal. Either way you will be waiting one way or the other. We are doing the same trip this year this time with a change of plane and we don't land until 9:30am. I figure this works for me since I know we will not be boarding until 11:30 or later.

I know this is a hassle, but you could get your luggage then go get something to eat and come back to meet the cruise line rep around 10am at the luggage area for the airline you fly in on. It is a long night but it is not that bad and you can always take a little nap in the afternoon.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise

Vicki

Archived