Blue Horizon Vancouver

GORDONCHICK

Has anyone stayed at the Blue Horizon in Vancouver lately? I booked this hotel because I got what I thought to be a great rate ($155CAD). It looks to have a very good location and is rumoured to have a great place for breakfast within. Comments anyone?

The hotel is central to everything - in the heart of the Robson Street shopping district - often referred to as Vancouver's answer to Rodeo Drive - that price would be good for a downtown location - can't speak about any on site restaurant but there are dozens within a couple of blocks in all price ranges.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dennis

I stayed there a couple of years ago -- the rooms were reasonably priced then and they were very large. I only ate a late, light dinner in the restaurant, so I can't comment on the breakfast.

Cindy

Has anyone stayed at the Blue Horizon in Vancouver lately? I booked this hotel because I got what I thought to be a great rate ($155CAD). It looks to have a very good location and is rumoured to have a great place for breakfast within. Comments anyone?

We will be there the nights of 9/12 & 9/13. I used my entertainment card. You only get great rates with it if the hotel is at less than 80% occupancy. I was pretty happy with the rate since it was for a superior room/2 queens, as the rack rate for that is over $200. The standard rooms were all booked. All the other hotels I would have liked to stay at gave pricing over what Priceline and Orbitz gave, and I told them so. but they were probably above the 80%.

Hi Gordonchick,

I have also been looking for accomodations in vancouver september 12th & 13th. Having no success on priceline 4* up to US$155.00 I finally got The Listel Hotel on Robson Street for about US$150.00 per night. The city seems to be pretty full we are going on the summit cruise.

Laukland

Hi Gordonchick,

I have also been looking for accomodations in vancouver september 12th & 13th. Having no success on priceline 4* up to US$155.00 I finally got The Listel Hotel on Robson Street for about US$150.00 per night. The city seems to be pretty full we are going on the summit cruise.

Laukland

There are four ships in port on 9/14, so that would be a lot of people! I think your Summit is leaving from Ballantyne, while Mercury and the other two will be at Canada Place.

Checking the Port of Vancouver cruise ship calendar:

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/index.php?

it shows the Summit at Canada Place.

Hope this helps and yes hotel rooms are expensive in Vancouver as we are a very popular year round tourist destination - we are the drop off point for the skiers in Whistler in the wintertime and a large hub for Asia - Pacific air traffic year round.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Checking the Port of Vancouver cruise ship calendar:

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/index.php?

it shows the Summit at Canada Place.

Hope this helps and yes hotel rooms are expensive in Vancouver as we are a very popular year round tourist destination - we are the drop off point for the skiers in Whistler in the wintertime and a large hub for Asia - Pacific air traffic year round.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I missed that. Summit is still docking at Ballantyne at this point. When some of the ships leave for the season, she gets moved to Canada Place.

Archived