Reduced Deposits

beckntom

Hi. We have never sailed Holland America but are thinking about the Eurodam for a Canada/New England cruise next fall. My question is regarding deposits: Does HAL, like Princess, have periods when they offer reduced deposits for new bookings? I understand from a few HAL posts I've seen that one can do a $100 deposit if booking a new cruise onboard, but obviously that won't work for our *first* HAL cruise!

It's nice not to tie up that money for a whole year, so thanks for any information. We're very eager to experience Holland America!!

Hi. We have never sailed Holland America but are thinking about the Eurodam for a Canada/New England cruise next fall. My question is regarding deposits: Does HAL, like Princess, have periods when they offer reduced deposits for new bookings? I understand from a few HAL posts I've seen that one can do a $100 deposit if booking a new cruise onboard, but obviously that won't work for our *first* HAL cruise!

It's nice not to tie up that money for a whole year, so thanks for any information. We're very eager to experience Holland America!!

There has not been any reduced deposit promotions with HAL in a long time. I believe that is because they came up with the new Onboard deposits. If you are not able to get it for this trip go see the Onboard Cruise Consultant on your first cruise and buy the $100 Future Cruise Deposit. That way for your next cruise you will only have to tell them you have that $100 deposit onboard.

I agree..... The only method I know for putting down a reduced deposit is while on board a ship. We 'bought' several future cruises and selected exactly which cruises we wanted to use them for when we returned home. You have four years to use those 'to be determined' deposits.

Many times through the years we have had deposits placed on cruises that were a year and more in the future. It is sometimes the only way to be sure you can get the cabin you want for the cruise you want on the date you want.

Good luck.

I learned something just now.....Had no idea one could make an onboard deposit for undetermined cruises in the future...especially 4 years down the road.

There's so da--ed much I don't know!

Thank you!

There has not been any reduced deposit promotions with HAL in a long time. I believe that is because they came up with the new Onboard deposits. If you are not able to get it for this trip go see the Onboard Cruise Consultant on your first cruise and buy the $100 Future Cruise Deposit. That way for your next cruise you will only have to tell them you have that $100 deposit onboard.

Hal was running a 100.00 deposit about a month ago. It was 200.00 for 10 day cruises. I was receiving lots of stuff from TA's advertising this. The low deposit special is no longer available.

I learned something just now.....Had no idea one could make an onboard deposit for undetermined cruises in the future...especially 4 years down the road.

There's so da--ed much I don't know!

Thank you!

While on the ships, you can place a $100 pp deposit (for seven and ten day cruises - - - actually maybe for even more days than that though Not the World Cruise. :D) and choose the specific ship/date/cabin at that time. Make a firm booking. You can tell the future cruise consultant at the time you make this deposit which TA you wish to use and they will be advised what you have done ...usually by the time you come home. Also, you can leave the reservation with HAL and not use a TA at all. If you use a TA and (s)he can get you a better price on the cruise, you can have your fare adjusted. You will get shipboard credit for making any of these bookings. The amount depends upon category of cabin you book.

You also may pay $100 pp deposit and not name a specific cruise. It will be called 'to be determined'. You get all the benefits as above but will have the ability to hold onto it for future use when you choose. It must be used within four years.

Hope this explains.

While on the ships, you can place a $100 pp deposit (for seven and ten day cruises - - - actually maybe for even more days than that though Not the World Cruise. :D) and choose the specific ship/date/cabin at that time. Make a firm booking. You can tell the future cruise consultant at the time you make this deposit which TA you wish to use and they will be advised what you have done ...usually by the time you come home. Also, you can leave the reservation with HAL and not use a TA at all. If you use a TA and (s)he can get you a better price on the cruise, you can have your fare adjusted. You will get shipboard credit for making any of these bookings. The amount depends upon category of cabin you book.

You also may pay $100 pp deposit and not name a specific cruise. It will be called 'to be determined'. You get all the benefits as above but will have the ability to hold onto it for future use when you choose. It must be used within four years.

Hope this explains.

I like your "Split" I didn't know you were that flexible:) I will have to look into adding a pic.

Thanks, Sail. I knew about the $l00 on board part, but the undetermined provision had just passed me by.

We'll be sure to do some "on board" business for '08 and '09 on the uncoming Zaandam cruise.

Hal was running a 100.00 deposit about a month ago. It was 200.00 for 10 day cruises. I was receiving lots of stuff from TA's advertising this. The low deposit special is no longer available.

Really?!? Shoot I get all their mailings, but i didn't see that one. The last time I saw a reduced dep was when my friends booked their cruise for this past march and the booked it in Sept 06.

We have never been on HAL but booked with an online agent two weeks ago and for an eleven night Noordam cruise next year the deposit was $400 for the two of us.

I asked HAL about this once cause I booked with a local agent once and only put doen $350 for two and HAL wanted me to put $700. They said that travel agents can require different deposits amount, but HAL requires $350 per person or more depending on the length of the cruise.

Archived