Fot Lauderdale

Donmar55

We are going down to Fort Lauderdale 2 days early before our cruise. does anyione know of a reasonable priced hotel near the pier with a great pool and shuttle service from the airport?

When are you cruising, as that will have an impact on pricing (also, what do you consider reasonable)? Many cruisers like the 17th Street area, as it is close to the pier and offers shopping and restaurants in the area. Donna, head on over to the East Coast Departures section (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415) and you will find quite a bit of info.

When are you cruising, as that will have an impact on pricing

This is a very accurate statement. We haved stayed at the Embassy Suites three times this year three different rates. It is a little more expensive but very clean close to a small shopping center a shuttle to the port. But again expensive to me may mean something very different to someone else.

I am sailing on the Miracle in Jan 08 and have reserved a room at the Beach Comber Resort and Hotel in Pompano Beach which is 13 miles from the Port.....Call direct and you can get a room for 189.00 They have a shutle service that charges 40. bucks for a family of 4. The hotel is right on the beach ....I have not stayed here before so I cant say how great it is...but is looks great on line..... http://www.beachcomberresorts.com

I am sailing on the Miracle in Jan 08 and have reserved a room at the Beach Comber Resort and Hotel in Pompano Beach which is 13 miles from the Port.....Call direct and you can get a room for 189.00 They have a shutle service that charges 40. bucks for a family of 4. The hotel is right on the beach ....I have not stayed here before so I cant say how great it is...but is looks great on line..... http://www.beachcomberresorts.com

excellent reviews on Tripadvisor:)

Bill

Is Fot Lauderdale Near MYAMI or Pawm Breach or just down the coast from Daztony>?

Just wondering.

You're killin' me! Maybe thats where you will find the sport cut...

Seriously though, we recently stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Hilton....it was great.

Pompano is a older area of beach that I personally love. Its old Florida and lots of walk up type hotels that have not been updated to death.

I lived in Boca, just a little north of Pompano.

Thanks for the your comments....I was hoping that it was a good choice. I love the old world charm!! :D

Archived