If someone gets an upsell call from NCL,

clerky96

what city & state would the call be coming from? For someone with caller-id, would the name Norwegian Cruise Line show up, or only a number? Also, if they called & no one was home, would they leave a message and a call back number? I read about people getting the call, and I know some must be gone when they call. I am just curious.

I think it depends on how close you are to sailing. I have gotten e-mails for two of my sailings.

Twice I have gotten phone calls. One of the times I was not home and my daughter answered the call. It was about a week before and it was a ridiculous offer for an Owners' Suite. No one in his/her right mind would have refused it. Call ID said private, they would not give my daughter the number to call back. They said they would call more people and if no one took it, they would call back in around one hour. Never called back.

My daughter was actually pretty upset because in retrospect she was sorry she hadn't just said, yes - saying she was me. I felt bad that she was so upset. She was only 14, but she has become something of a cruiseaholic.

our upsell offer was via email, not phone call. We booked direct with NCL. By the time i read the email the sender was gone for the day so had to call the next morning. Offer was still available and we took it.

kj

My TA forwarded me the upsell offer email from NCL. It happened twice in the past few weeks, for our upcoming 8/26 Jewel Mediterranean cruise. I declined both times since neither enticed me - mainly due to the extra cost that I didnt' sense was a bargain.

Has anyone ever received an upsell offer after booking through an internet site like expedia? I am wondering if they buy blocks of cabins to sell as their prices for the cruise I am going on are quite a bit cheaper than on NCL. That being the case I doubt we will get an upsell offer. It would have to be an incredible offer anyway to tempt me to spend more $$s that I can spend elsewhere. But I am curious if it ever happens.

Has anyone ever received an upsell offer after booking through an internet site like expedia? I am wondering if they buy blocks of cabins to sell as their prices for the cruise I am going on are quite a bit cheaper than on NCL. That being the case I doubt we will get an upsell offer. It would have to be an incredible offer anyway to tempt me to spend more $$s that I can spend elsewhere. But I am curious if it ever happens.

I booked through Sams Cub Travel, who is affiliated with Expedia. When I saw the offer this week for a BB balcony for the price of a C cat. oceanview (we had a E cat. oceanview), I called the Sams' TA and said that I saw this deal, and since I paid the same as a cat. C, could I possibly get into a balcony as an upgrade, it took her 2 phone calls to NCL, but she got me a BA balcony for $210 more ($110pp). From deck 5 to 10, plus a balcony!

I'm glad I didn't wait around hoping to get an upgrade, or be offered an upsell. Don't know if it would have happened. I think I did good.;)

Archived