Does each stateroom have its own

lakeluvr

thermostat? I am in that stage of life that most women call HEL_, and I feel the flames daily!!! :mad: DH stays cold when I'm comfortable. :D I just tell him to put on a jacket or long sleeves! :p

Lisa

Yes they do and your in luck, because from my experience on Carnival their cabins are very cold, even when you want it warm! Tell your DH to bring a sweatshirt or something because he will be cold...and it wont be your fault LOL!!!

And that's another reason I like a cabin with a balcony. I leave the door open to the balcony all night long. It allows a nice breeze to enter the cabin. I can also slip out onto the balcony for a cool down without disturbing my cabin mate.

Celebrations' the same way; just adjust the vent. I like it cool at night, but the cabins on my 3 Carnival cruises have been downright cold. This time, I'm going to remember to ask the cabin steward for an extra blanket on the 1'st night unless there's already an extra in the closet.

The Victory cabins are also freezing!!!! There is a vent to adjust the output, and we had it as warm as it could be and I still froze! :eek: I'm sure you will love it, but as suggested above, have your DH bring a sweatshirt. (and long johns for sleeping :p )

Happy cruising.

thermostat? I am in that stage of life that most women call HEL_, and I feel the flames daily!!! :mad: DH stays cold when I'm comfortable. :D I just tell him to put on a jacket or long sleeves! :p

Lisa

I am not sure about every ship because usually I am okay-but I about FROZE to death on Inspiration and I too am in menopause and are normally burning up when everyone else is cold. Anyway on Inspiration the steward showed us this dial on the ceiling which you could turn either clockwise or counter clockwise and supposably it either turned the air off or on.(there was no heat whatsoever-the ship wasn't set up for Alaskan cruises I guess) As far as we could tell it did nothing and our cabin stayed like 60 degrees the whole week. After a couple of days we gave up and just asked him to bring us extra blankets.

Here a little tip for those hot flashes. A glass of ice water. Whenever one starts just drink a sip of the icewater-it will shorten the flash. Ofcourse if you are like me that means walking around with a glass of icewater all the time but it does work.

Archived