How do you pay for pre-reserved shore excursions on Princess?

carqueen1

There is an excursion brochure on the Princess Website. It details that and so much more in it, about the excursions. I was wondering the same thing a few days ago and came across the brochure. You download it, via a PDF file, and its really informative.

They will be paid for by your shipboard account. Your excursion tickets are frequently in your room when you arrive. Sometimes your room steward has them and will personally bring them to you when he/she greets you. If you have seen that individual and still do not have your tickets, check with the tour desk.

Most tours "close" around 24 hours before the port in which the tour is scheduled. This varies a bit from port to port, but will be listed in the daily newspaper each cruiser receives, the "Princess Patters". In other words, if you change your mind, you MUST turn your tickets in for a refund BEFORE the closing time. Exceptions to this are very few (like maybe being a patient in the ships medical facility). Otherwise, you will be billed onto your shipboard account whether you take the trip or not.

Many tours are booked full before a cruise even starts so it is wise to pre-reserve your tours and best to do it online. Then, if you have changed your mind when you get to the ship, just cancel.

Also, many tours that were "full" prior to the ship sailing, will have some openings occur during the cruise as people change their minds, so if you really want on a "full" tour, be sure to keep checking with the tour desk.

Many tours are booked full before a cruise even starts so it is wise to pre-reserve your tours and best to do it online. Then, if you have changed your mind when you get to the ship, just cancel. Also, many tours that were "full" prior to the ship sailing, will have some openings occur during the cruise as people change their minds, so if you really want on a "full" tour, be sure to keep checking with the tour desk.
The cruiseline holds back a certain percentage (they don't tell us the number) of tour slots for onboard bookings only; they are not really fully sold out, it just means that you want to get in line early on the ship to grab one of those bookings.

Most tours "close" around 24 hours before the port in which the tour is scheduled. This varies a bit from port to port, but will be listed in the daily newspaper each cruiser receives, the "Princess Patters". In other words, if you change your mind, you MUST turn your tickets in for a refund BEFORE the closing time. Exceptions to this are very few (like maybe being a patient in the ships medical facility). Otherwise, you will be billed onto your shipboard account whether you take the trip or not.

Ok, just so I am sure I'm reading this right, if we pre-reserve a shore excursion, we have up to about the day before the actual excursion date to cancel and not be charged?

You can put money into your ships account prior to boarding the ship. Contact 1-800-PRINCES to make the arrangements.

We filled out the celebrations form and said to put 1200.00 on credit. Although it doesnt show on the "My Cruise" site. Princess assured me it will be on the account when I am onboard. Just to be sure, I have a copy of Princess debiting my back account for it that we will take.

This way, If the shore excursions remain as they are. They will be paid for, the tipping (as far as the 10.00 a day anyhow) 100.00 to balcony dinner and internet if needed for wireless. Just wont be such a hit on us after the cruise. And if it is? We spent WAY to much ON other stuff. LOL!!

Just our .02

We really like this about Princess - paying for shore excursions on board rather than ahead of time. I think it's great you can reserve online early on and have the option of changing or cancelling if you decide to . Makes personal bookkeeping a lot easier!

Ok, just so I am sure I'm reading this right, if we pre-reserve a shore excursion, we have up to about the day before the actual excursion date to cancel and not be charged?
If this shows up a 2nd time, I apologize. I responded and the reply went into the nether.

You are close but not quite there. Your excursions are charged to your onboard account when you check in at embarkation. Your onboard account is really a running total of credits and debits (mostly debits) that include your excursions, any drinks you buy, purchases from the shops, gratuity, etc.

There is a notice in the Princess Patter every night with the port excursions being "closed" along with the day and the time you have to return the ticket(s). There is a drop box in front of the Shore Excursion desk so you don't need to wait in line and you can return them 24/7. Generally, excursions close between 24 - 48 hours before the tour, sometimes longer.

As for some tours being sold out on the Internet and tickets being held back for those onboard, I've had several instances when the tickets sold out on the web really were sold out and completely unavailable once you board. It depends on the port and the available facilities at the port.

Archived