Idea: Luggage Tax

GMoney

Given what airlines are doing lately, the crazy amount of luggage some folks seem to bring on cruises, and RCI's constant focus on the bottom line, I think the company should institute a tax on excessive amounts of luggage. Excessive could either be defined by number of pieces of luggage or total weight.

Thoughts?

Given what airlines are doing lately, the crazy amount of luggage some folks seem to bring on cruises, and RCI's constant focus on the bottom line, I think the company should institute a tax on excessive amounts of luggage. Excessive could either be defined by number of pieces of luggage or total weight.

Thoughts?

Let me guess....you're either an attorney or an accountant, right? :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

The airlines already do this, and look how popular that is! I've heard people screaming at the airline reservationist because they had to either pay more for a bag >50lbs or get rid of something out of it.

Thoughts?

No thank you.

More likely a REPUBLICAN for sure:mad: :mad: :mad:

Remember "Read my lips, no new taxes!" George HW Bush ® What a LIE that was!

You really need to learn a little about the Parties before you embarrass yourself with such ignorance. And why the "HATEFULL" frowning faces??? Why do all "Bush Bashers" have so much HATE to spew???

Democratic Party= Bigger Government (the answer to ALL problems)= Higher Taxes

Republican Party= Less Government (free market system and the American Dream)= Tax Cuts

A little Civics 101

Hope This Helps.

I'm worried that airlines will start putting a surcharge on total weight - body + carry-on + luggage. Can you imagine if cruiselines started weighing passengers before you got on?

Viv

Better for the cruise line would be to way you at the end of the cruise!

And about those charges and limits the airlines have instituted, there's a simple reason - air freight. The less "free" passenger bagage they carry, the more paying air freight they can carry. Of course, if the airlines didn't carry freight, ticket prices would be higher. The money has to come from somewhere.

You really need to learn a little about the Parties before you embarrass yourself with such ignorance. And why the "HATEFULL" frowning faces??? Why do all "Bush Bashers" have so much HATE to spew???

Republican Party= Less Government (free market system and the American Dream)= Tax Cuts

A little Civics 101

Hope This Helps.

Apparently my Civics-class curriculum differed wildly from yours. When I think "Republican" I envision an ideology of conservative government and spending. Below is Wikipedia's definition of Republicanism:

Republicanism is the political value system that has been a major part of American political thought since the American Revolution. It stresses liberty and rights as central values, makes the people as a whole sovereign, rejects aristocracy and inherited political power, expects citizens to be independent and calls on them to perform civic duties, and is strongly opposed to corruption.

That sounds about right to me, although I must admit that today the notion feels decidedly quaint and naive to me. Is this how you perceive your current administration?

I've noticed that variants of the word "hate" have been quite prevalent in your recent posts. I find this to be somewhat saddening and I must wonder to myself why you feel so strongly. Still, I value your opinion and I do not believe anyone here to be inherently ignorant.

As for the luggage, I doubt such policies will come to fruition anytime soon but I doubt I'd mind much if they did. Comparatively I pack very light and having to actually check luggage is a rare occasion for me.

Democratic Party= Bigger Government (the answer to ALL problems)= Higher Taxes I scarcely think that there is an answer to ALL problems and nobody has claimed such...

Republican Party= Less Government (free market system and the American Dream(and the illegals are getting more rights than we have who are here legally)= Tax Cuts You're kidding right? In the last 7 years we've been governed to the hilt and it's only getting worse. The Constitution is now being used to take away rights instead of grant them. This isn't a just a Bush thing necessarily.

Also, it's our tax dollars that Bush and the Congress are determined to spend fighting Iraq's religious war, a war that my son is being sent into the middle of very soon..... Both parties have plenty of hate that they are spewing.

A little Civics 101

Hope This Helps.

puhleeeze...

A little Civics 101

Hope This Helps.

You are ALL going to get in trouble -- I got in trouble for a whole lot less. A dispute about Clinton News Network vs Faux News when we were discussing the fact that NCL only carried Faux on some trips. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to chime in :)

Republicanism:

Republicanism is the political value system that has been a major part of American political thought since the American Revolution. It stresses liberty and rights as central values, makes the people as a whole sovereign, rejects aristocracy and inherited political power, expects citizens to be independent and calls on them to perform civic duties, and is strongly opposed to corruption.

Guess we had better find another name for the Republican party...

A little Civics 101

Hope This Helps.

you forgot to add

Republican Party= Less Government (free market system and the American Dream)= Tax Cuts=(the answer to ALL problems)hate to spew. please don't make me laugh so hard, For your information Bush does not walk on water.

Archived