Cruises to Iceland/Greenland?

johnjen

Hello, I typically post over at RCL.

I have a question that so far, I can't find the answer to. I am seeking a cruise line that typically home ports out of the US and takes people to Iceland and Greenland.

We lived in Iceland for nearly four years when I was in the military, and it's been years since we've been there. For us, a perfect cruise would be in a relative itinerary out of NJ and visits Halifax, maybe a port visit in Newfoundland, up to Reykjavik and then on to Akureyri in the northern part of Iceland, over to a port in Greenland, and return to the states.

Are there any cruise lines that make this sort of run? Even one out of the UK or Europe might work as well.

What a great cruise that would be!!!! Yes there are some that stop in both Iceland and Greenland. Princess and HAL both do these and I believe possibly also Crystal and Costa may have one or two.

Some of these are repositioning and are London to NYC. These cruises normally run from the middle of July to September.

HAL does North Atlantic cruises twice a year. Typically it is a 17 day over to Europe and 18 day back Boston return. We did the 17 day Boston/Rotterdam Boston, St. Pierre, St. John, Nuuk Greenland, Rekyavik, Shetland Islands, Bergen Norway, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Oslo, Rotterdam.. Different ports on the way back to Boston. Goes in July each year. Again in October.

I know that once a year Crystal Cruises has one of the ships do a crossing from London to New York City. It usually leaves London in late August and the past few years have included stops in both of these ports. We were on this cruise in 2004.

Keith

Hello, I typically post over at RCL.

I have a question that so far, I can't find the answer to. I am seeking a cruise line that typically home ports out of the US and takes people to Iceland and Greenland.

We lived in Iceland for nearly four years when I was in the military, and it's been years since we've been there. For us, a perfect cruise would be in a relative itinerary out of NJ and visits Halifax, maybe a port visit in Newfoundland, up to Reykjavik and then on to Akureyri in the northern part of Iceland, over to a port in Greenland, and return to the states.

Are there any cruise lines that make this sort of run? Even one out of the UK or Europe might work as well.

You could try Cunard or P & O. Both are part of Carnival Corp and have regular Iceland cruises from the UK.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but the Crown Princess is sailing the following itinerary in September, 2008:

Wed 17 Sep COPENHAGEN

Thu 18 Sep AT SEA

Fri 19 Sep DOVER

Sat 20 Sep AT SEA

Sun 21 Sep DUBLIN

Mon 22 Sep BELFAST

Tue 23 Sep AT SEA

Wed 24 Sep REYKJAVIK

Thu 25 Sep AT SEA

Fri 26 Sep QAQORTOQ

Sat 27 Sep AT SEA

Sun 28 Sep AT SEA

Mon 29 Sep ST JOHNS NF

Tue 30 Sep AT SEA

Wed 01 Oct AT SEA

Thu 02 Oct NEW YORK

Fri 03 Oct AT SEA

Sat 04 Oct AT SEA

Sun 05 Oct FORT LAUDERDALE

• 7 years later...
HAL does North Atlantic cruises twice a year. Typically it is a 17 day over to Europe and 18 day back Boston return. We did the 17 day Boston/Rotterdam Boston, St. Pierre, St. John, Nuuk Greenland, Rekyavik, Shetland Islands, Bergen Norway, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Oslo, Rotterdam.. Different ports on the way back to Boston. Goes in July each year. Again in October.

we are planning to book the cruise, listed in September 2015. Before we do this, we would like to know how was your experience with the sea! Was the see rough during sailing? Do you know how the sea crossing is common?

Questions from the Netherlands