Adventure of the Seas

My husband and I just signed up for this cruise with a last minute guarantee rate for an oceanview cabin. We normally do a balcony, but the price was to good to pass up.

We just found out we will be in the very front of the ship on Deck 2. Do you think this will be a problem?

Also, any must do tours in the Southern Caribbean, we've never been there before.

i hope you have a great time,you will probably have a large number of latinos with you,so it should be a great time,let us know how it went when you get back ok??, and as long as you dont get queezy riding a roller coaster, then you will be fine otherwise the middle is best and at the bottom of ship:))):p

i hope you have a great time,you will probably have a large number of latinos with you,so it should be a great time,let us know how it went when you get back ok??, and as long as you dont get queezy riding a roller coaster, then you will be fine otherwise the middle is best and at the bottom of ship:))):p

We are used to Latins, we live in South Florida.

Any room on the AOS is a good room, afterall you're on the Ship. You'll have a great time on the AOS, please stop by the Duck and Dog pub and say hi to Shane, the guitarist, from Simon & Heather. There are some great times to be had in the Duck and Dog in the evenings.:D

I believe I just responded to you on another thread regarding your "opinion" on the AOS - and the fact you have never sailed on her before.

Having sailed on the AOS 3 times, I think I am in a position to comment on the mix of passengers onboard. Are there Spanish speaking passengers? Yes there are. Do they take over the ship? No they don't. Are the announcements in both English and Spanish? Yes they are. Did it bother me in the least? No it did not.

I don't think it's fair that you are "warning" potential AOS passengers of "a large number of latino's" when you have never experienced it for yourself.

I'm sorry, but I have little tolerance for threads that end up being about the AOS, and complaints about local San Juan residents who sail on the ship that resides in their home port.

I have found the folks from San Juan to be friendly, pleasant people - often times more pleasant than some of the other passengers!

To anyone considering the AOS - please make your own judgements and do not be influenced by a few people with negative ideas.

Happy sailing.

We sailed on AOS in June doing the Barbados route. We loved it so much we booked the other side of the route for February. Lo and behold, we got a good deal during September when my daughter has a school break so we're booked on the AOS again.

The Puerto Ricans on the ship were polite and quite. It wasn't an issue in the least.

You'll have a great time. The ports are amazing on both sides.

We cruised three times this past winter out of PR and spent an extra 4 nights in San Juan before and after these cruises. We also found spanish speaking people we met on PR and the ship to be very friendly and interesting.

In fact for our Panama Canal cruise for which all ports were spanish speaking except for Aruba, a Mexican couple we met and toured with became a real asset for us since they could communicate with the locals in spanish. DW even got me to take a shot of her with San Juan policeman on his Honda Shadow patrol motorcycle after she mentioned to him that this was the bike we rode back home and he suggested doing this.

Yes both the Barbados and Aruba itineraries are great with former keeping you busy with great ports and even a busy sea day doing sail bys different islands and the latter being more relaxing with the extra sea day and the less tour intense islands of Aruba and Curacao.

I believe I just responded to you on another thread regarding your "opinion" on the AOS - and the fact you have never sailed on her before.

Having sailed on the AOS 3 times, I think I am in a position to comment on the mix of passengers onboard. Are there Spanish speaking passengers? Yes there are. Do they take over the ship? No they don't. Are the announcements in both English and Spanish? Yes they are. Did it bother me in the least? No it did not.

I don't think it's fair that you are "warning" potential AOS passengers of "a large number of latino's" when you have never experienced it for yourself.

I'm sorry, but I have little tolerance for threads that end up being about the AOS, and complaints about local San Juan residents who sail on the ship that resides in their home port.

I have found the folks from San Juan to be friendly, pleasant people - often times more pleasant than some of the other passengers!

To anyone considering the AOS - please make your own judgements and do not be influenced by a few people with negative ideas.

Happy sailing.

Bubbadog posted "you will probably have a large number of Latino's with you so it should be a great time". I don't see how that is warning or making a negative judgement call. He followed it with "you should have a great time". Am I missing something here?:confused: :confused:

Bubbadog posted "you will probably have a large number of Latino's with you so it should be a great time". I don't see how that is warning or making a negative judgement call. He followed it with "you should have a great time". Am I missing something here?:confused: :confused:

Hey Fitz :)

I responded to this same poster on another thread, giving advice and negative vibes about sailing out of San Juan and the fact there are many "latino's" onboard. Maybe I'm wrong, but I read a huge amount of sarcasm there....especially since he made his own feelings clear about sailing with latino's on another thread.

I guess what bothers me most about his negative AOS posts is that he has never sailed on the AOS or on any ship out of San Juan!

Anyways - the AOS is a great ship, San Juan is a great port, and I wanted future cruisers to know that!!

I responded to this same poster on another thread, giving advice and negative vibes about sailing out of San Juan and the fact there are many "latino's" onboard. Maybe I'm wrong, but I read a huge amount of sarcasm there....especially since he made his own feelings clear about sailing with latino's on another thread.

I guess what bothers me most about his negative AOS posts is that he has never sailed on the AOS or on any ship out of San Juan!

Anyways - the AOS is a great ship, San Juan is a great port, and I wanted future cruisers to know that!!

We were on AOS last week, and other than some service issues, which can potentially occur on any sailing, the people on AOS were great. I read that there was more of a Latino vibe in terms of entertainment, and the mix of pax onboard, but I did not find that to be the case. This sailing felt no different to me than any we've taken out of Florida. Everyone was very friendly.

See, I was missing something. :D Thanks for explaining. Hey, I live in Los Angeles, born and raised. I doubt AOS would be any different than home. And it probably WOULD be a more fun cruise. I can't wait to sail out of San Juan.

In response to your question about the cabin location. DD and I were on the Serenade this past December and we had an oceanview guarantee. We ended up in the very first cabin at the front on deck 7. We found it to be absolutley fine. The cruise wa a little rough in parts and we did take a Benedryl every night to be safe but we didn't find the location to be excessively rough. Would stay there again in a heartbeat (and any other cabin if it meant I was cruising)

Archived