Pennsylvania Cruisers

dublin

Probably only people from right around here know that jingle from a commercial for a local TV station! Anyway, we're about 15 miles outside of Pittsburgh. Leaving on the Galaxy 10/8/04 (yeah, only about 6 weeks away!) out of Baltimore (yeah, I won't have to fly! Scared to death to fly!)

Howdy "Greensburgers"- know right where you are! Going to see a play at Apple Hill next month!

Dillsburg PA here about 16 miles from Harrisburg. We are lucky enough to live where the New Years Eve Pickle drops! Hubby originally from Acme, PA, near Latrobe and Greensburg, I am originally from Harrisburg. I am sailing next on the Horizon from Philly. Neat post!!

Wow - this is really a great response.

Seems like everyone is originally from somewhere else and then settled into their current hometown.

BUT then that is another thread such as "Where are you from originally"

Maybe we should have a cruise with only Pennsylvanians

Currently living in Harrisburg, PA...originally from the Pocono's. Went to School in Wilkes-Barre (Go baby PENS!).

Dublin - if I lean out my window (which I have to careful because I live on the 15th floor) and look left I can see 3 Mile Island...I guess I am darn close to glowing too!!

PS: I am game for a PA cruise!!

Jamey

Zenith 9/4/04

We live in Toronto, but our home away from home is State College. For the last 12 years we've been going there 2-3 times a year to flyfish. Centre County is beautiful. We were actually fishing on Penn's Creek on September 11th and didn't hear what had happened until we came off the stream for dinner. It was hard to believe how incredibly peaceful our day had been and all the turmoil that was taking place without our knowing.

Wow,
I feel a bit bad about posting this.
Our son went to Penn State but I am a Pitt graduate. Go Panthers. Way too many Nittany Lions out there for me.
Our church (Catholic) is having a group Alaskan cruise from 6/17/05 thru 6/30/05. It starts in Pittsburgh (or another city) with air to Vancouver, BC, a seven day cruise to Anchorage on the Celebrity Summit and six more days in Talkeeta, Denali and Fairbanks and air home from Fairbanks to Pittsburgh.
Before signing up, we checked some prices and I think it is $200 to $250 cheaper than a "book direct" rate. If you want any information about the group cruise, please email us at [email="lesandshirley@hotmail.com"]lesandshirley@hotmail.com[/email] and we will reply.
Our main purpose in mentioning the group cruise is to get additional Cruise Critic members involved.
Love,
Les and Shirley

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Grove City here about 60 miles north of Pittsburgh. I lived in New Mexico for 20 years and moved back home to be near family. Next cruise Mercury in November to the Mexican Riviera.[/color][/size][/font]

Archived