One for the SKY fans

DennisN

Any SKY fans out there looking for a boot of nostalgia - take a look at the Pulmantur website.

http://www.pullmanturcruises.com/sky.html

For a 12 minute video and guided tour of "Sky Wonder" double-click on the link at lower left marked "Ver Video"

It may take a little while to load so please be patient.

Words are Spanish - music is well known and in English - but it is 100% SKY - despite the new name. :) ;)

Any SKY fans out there looking for a boot of nostalgia - take a look at the Pulmantur website.

http://www.pullmanturcruises.com/sky.html

For a 12 minute video and guided tour of "Sky Wonder" double-click on the link at lower left marked "Ver Video"

It may take a little while to load so please be patient.

Words are Spanish - music is well known and in English - but it is 100% SKY - despite the new name. :) ;)

Thanks for that, if you go to the visita virtual link, which is the one above Ver video it has a great virtual tour of anywhere you want to go!!!

Chez

xx

Thanks DennisN. I have just spent around half an hour looking at the site.

It brings back wonderful memories of the best ship I have ever sailed on.

She is looking great and being well looked after.

Regards

Roland

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (August from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2007 Pacific Star (29 September from Brisbane) R735 "Week Fantastique":)

It brings back wonderful memories of the best ship I have ever sailed on.

She is looking great and being well looked after.

And the interesting thing is they have retained so much of what she was - even down to keeping the same restaurant names etc.

A nice video clip of a grand old lady.

Thanks so much for sharing that link!!

It was wonderful to see the Sky again. She's still a great looking lady :)

It brought back many happy memories. I had to smile especially when I saw that she still has the same carpets, curtains, bedspreads & chairs in the cabins ;)

Thanks again, it bought back some memories for me cos Andy proposed on the Sky:D

I didnt realise the cinema seats were so RED:eek: , and did anyone notice the cute day beds out on deck, noice!!!

Chez

xx

Thanks again, it bought back some memories for me cos Andy proposed on the Sky:D

I didnt realise the cinema seats were so RED:eek: , and did anyone notice the cute day beds out on deck, noice!!!

Chez

xx

I noticed those beds too! Wish we'd had them when she was ours!!

I noticed those beds too! Wish we'd had them when she was ours!!

Jo, would love to go to the Med and cruise on her again:D but my bikini doesnt fit me anymore:eek:, looks like a bit of a young ship, at least she has kept the P&O party spirit:p

Chez

xx

Jo, would love to go to the Med and cruise on her again:D

That would be wonderful wouldn't it??

Maybe i'll add it to my cruise wish list ;)

As long as she doesn't have the old engine & jellyfish issues anymore it would be a great trip lol!!

And the interesting thing is they have retained so much of what she was - even down to keeping the same restaurant names etc.

A nice video clip of a grand old lady.

It is very common to keep everything the same. All the Dining rooms on the Sun are what they were on the Jubilee. It just happened to be that the nightclub on the Jubilee was called Oz Nightclub.;)

It is very common to keep everything the same. All the Dining rooms on the Sun are what they were on the Jubilee. It just happened to be that the nightclub on the Jubilee was called Oz Nightclub.;)

Wizard of Oz of course:D

Chez

xx

That would be wonderful wouldn't it??

Maybe i'll add it to my cruise wish list ;)

As long as she doesn't have the old engine & jellyfish issues anymore it would be a great trip lol!!

I"m intrigued whats with the jelly fish :confused: Please someone tell me

The Sky got stuck in Brisbane River because she sucked some jelly fish into her (not sure what part!!). I think they were delayed for over a day.

I've just realised that makes no sense... Hopefully someone else can be a little more clear!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

In November 2004, Pacific Sky was about to sail from Brisbane when she sucked a school of jelly fish into her steam condenser system, causing the engine to shut down - literally as she was about to pull away from the wharf as they were powering up the engine for departure. We were on the opposite side of the river at the time, when all of the steam from the engine was vented, and we couldn't work out what was going on. All the water in the condsenser storage tanks had to be drained and fresh, distlled water pumped in, delaying the cruise departure by about 12 hrs.

This came on top of the cruise immediately before that being cancelled after breaking down a day out to sea heading for Noumea (after departing 24hrs late as it was). So it wasn't a good month for Pacific Sky.

When we sailed out on our cruise, the next cruise after the jell fish incident, everybody was on the deck watching over the side yelling at the jelly fish - very visible in the water - to go away, as there'd been a lot of coverage on the Brisbane news about the troubles Pacific Sky, what was then a new ship to Brisbane, was having.

The funny thing is, one of the most powerful fighting machines in the world, the Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Ronald Reagan ran into a similar problem in the Brisbane River some months ago.

Seems our little jelly fish are willing to tackle anybody. :D :p :)

The funny thing is, one of the most powerful fighting machines in the world, the Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Ronald Reagan ran into a similar problem in the Brisbane River some months ago.

Seems our little jelly fish are willing to tackle anybody. :D :p :)

Yes, and in 2004 when it happened to Pacific Sky, which was a particularly bad year for jellyfish in the river, she wasn't the only ship afftected - but none of tho the other ships had been deemed 'ill fated' by the Brisbane media at the time, so there wasn't any coverage of those ones.

Kym

Archived