jewelry in western caribbean ?

rob6465

Pretty much most places in the Caribbean have a Diamonds International.

CHeck this out...

http://www.shopdi.com/

My DW and I have purchased from DI, the jewelry is very good quality, and the prices are good. DW has a Amethyst and diamond ring we bought at DI in St. Maarten that she's STILL talking about!:cool:

Hope this helps.

My DW and I have had great luck with Colombian Emeralds, they are usually in most ports.

I actually had to return one of our rings and they did a great job..they were not able to repair the stone so they completely replaced it and that was about 18 months after we purchased it.

Good Luck

This may sound weird. But the jewelry stores on the ship are also duty free and tax free and their prices can be much better than you find in Grand Cayman and other islands. Before you go to an island, it might not be a bad idea to go to the jewelry store on the ship and talk to the salesperson and get an idea about prices on things you're interested in. That way, if you find something with a better price that you like, go ahead and buy if you like. If not, you have a baseline and can always go back to the ship's store. I may buy myself a watch on the ship next year. I thought the prices were very good.

For what it's worth, if you read my posts, I am not a Carnival "cheerleader". I think many of their excursions are ripoffs. I don't think their jewelry is, especially on the big sale night - last night of the cruise. That's the impression I got on the Liberty. Maybe others with experience in buying jewelry on the ship can weigh in on this one.

The only place I trust is Grand Cayman. We recently was on the Liberty of the Seas this past July and all the jewelry stores there are very good forgot the one we purchased in, anyway, we got his and her rolex watches and I must tell you, they have the newest stuff there and the best prices!! We came home and researched online and in jewelry stores and got a wonderful price, saved lots of $$. We also got great buys on swarowski crystal, came back and even can't beat the prices on the pieces on ebay. You can trust the cayman islands, as far as the other islands I would not purchase any jewelry in fact I have in the past priced jewelry in Cozumel and found no bargain at all I rather buy here in the states and know what I get. Grand Cayman is your best bet.

I forgot to mention check the jewelry store on the ship. And we didn't claim what we bought either in customs and everything was fine. I got a thick gold bracelet and we bought a diamond mens ring great price, and didn't see these pieces in Grand Cayman.

Going on the Conquest 9/16. Are there any good jewelers at the ports with good prices ?

The Personal Shopper will heavily recommend Tanzanite. Unless you're really interested in jewlery, skip the shopper's lectures!

Archived