Carnival Oh My

Sauceress

I always thought that I would never go on Carnival because I heard it was very rowdy. I went on the Carnival Spirit March 07 and loved it. Leaving sept. 3rd on the Ecstacy. One day while on the Norwegian Dream, some guy in the hall asked me if I liked the ship. I told him, very much, and he told me that the halls didn't flow and he hated it. I am still trying to figure out how halls are suppose to flow. If you are the type to complain, stay home. Don't waste your money.

I wonder why some equate honesty with negativity? It seems that if anyone admits to having a problem they get accused of negativity. If 10 people witness something they will all have a different take on what happened. All complaints are valid......some I ignore as if that happened to me...no biggie. Another complaint I might weigh more seriously based on what is important to me.

I don't think you can equate vactioning with home. If I wanted what I get at home, I would just stay there.

I think I am going to have a wonderful time on my cruise. But at the same time the blinders aren't on. People do get assaulted, rooms robbed, rooms can have mold, water might be brown, there have been cases of bedbugs, someone might poop in the pool, ports might get cancelled, and groups might take over the ship. That might sound negative but by hearing those stories and also looking at CDC and WHO reports for what really matters to me; I learned that........ crime can happen anywhere so dont get complacent just cause I am on a big boat; Make sure everything valuable is on my person ir in the safe (and I need a card to get into that); Bring Bleach and/or antibacterial; Showers can be taken in the gym/spa area; bedbug bites are tiny and leave specks on the sheets, watch for babies in the pool and report them to someone until they listen, think hard before prebooking shore excursions in case we skip port and I lose my deposits; and that if for some reason I am miserable I can get off at the first port and get a refund.

Shedding light on things isn't negative......it is informative, especially for newbies. JMHO

The things you mentioned are serious for the most part and I don't consider them as nit picking complaints, but frayed carpets, fingerprints on windows a piece of paper overlooked a cold meal (send it back just like you would in any good restaurant) are the type of things I am talking about. :)

If the ship sinks you won't have to worry about it catching fire.

BnB

No but you do have to worry about the bunker oil catching fire on the surface though. "A boat is what you get in when the ship sinks."

Dave

I am a sixty something female and I am soo tired of people bashing Carnival. Especially those who want a Champagne Cruise on a beer budget. I have enjoyed my Carnival Cruses. I love the food ( I don't have to cook gourmet dinners at home) I also wonder if their homes would stand up to the scrutiny they apply to their staterooms. Darn I must wash that fingerprint on the wall. I also wonder do they leave their bedroom the way they leave their stateroom when running off to do something. Its a vacation folks enjoy, or spend the money for your elegant cruise

I don't know why people bash Carnival. It has the best food of any cruise line I've been on. The chef's do amazing things with food that I haven't seen other cruise lines do. I have been on five different cruise lines. The service is pretty good too. If a cruise line has good food, good service, and I have a nice time I'll go back and give them future business.

I want to thank all of you for giving your possitive experiences with Carnival. I read a cruise review book at the bookstore and thought I has made a mistake booking Carnival. I guess the "experts" don't always know everything.

Thanks again everyone!!

I see negativity from some poster about Carnival as a positive thing ! ! :rolleyes: I'm PLATINUM and I cruise SOLO and LAST MINUTE (usually book my cabin 3-5 days before the cruise). The absolute worst thing that can happen to someone like me is for the ship to be SOLD OUT when I want to cruise her, although some of my best cruises occured when I was "forced" to pick a different ship.

I'm a calculating person, and to the extent these negative posts can influence a cruiser to leave Carnival (or never start), the more likely cabins will be available for me. :D Every cloud has a silver lining . . . :)

Archived