Carnival Oh My

Sauceress

Pegs - You must be reading my mind. I'm looking at the Splendor but for the November 21st sailing for next year 2008. Its an 8 night exotic eastern caribbean sailing. It would be my first time away from home during a major holiday, since it will cover Thanksgiving. Right now the price is great, the only holdup is, I don't get my yearly bonus from the job until the middle of November this year. I have a cruise coming up on the Destiny in 20 days so all my funds are for this cruise. I'm just praying the rates don't take a major hike by the time my bonus comes through.

Pegs - You must be reading my mind. I'm looking at the Splendor but for the November 21st sailing for next year 2008. Its an 8 night exotic eastern caribbean sailing. It would be my first time away from home during a major holiday, since it will cover Thanksgiving. Right now the price is great, the only holdup is, I don't get my yearly bonus from the job until the middle of November this year. I have a cruise coming up on the Destiny in 20 days so all my funds are for this cruise. I'm just praying the rates don't take a major hike by the time my bonus comes through.

Well, you are going to have a wonderful time, no matter which cruise you choose. I am so excited about our cruise to Europe and to be on a bran new ship, how exciting is that, pretty exciting :D They also have a new cruise going to South America. I remember when Carnival only went to the Caribbean, and now look at all the places they are going. If a cruiser is unable to find something with Carnival, they are not looking in the right place.

You should go over to the the Roll Call site and check out your cruise there. You may find lot of cruisers going on that one. On mine, we only have about eight of us, but it is still early and that cruise is pretty expensive, so that may be why.

Wow I'd like to be like you Dave, and have about 6 more cruises lined up. Must be nice. But I'm working on my upcoming cruise in 2 weeks and already checking out rates for cruise for next year.

MzOhioLady,

The fault is solely with the cruiselines. The idea of tempted me with low fares to make me cruise more. I still cannot believe I got the Feb 9th one for $335pp in a mid-cat balcony with a $75 OBC. The nerve of them. :D

Dave

Dave - Yeah the Nerve of Carnival!! LOL

Pegs - Yeah I went over to the roll call and so far there's just 1 lady in there, but like you said, its still early. But Im sure its exciting to know you're going on a brand new ship. Im going to see what I can work out. Just as long as Im on some ship, Im okay. Give me my Foo Foo Drink, the Lido Deck, and a Hot tub and Im, "Good To Go"!!

I'm going on my first cruise on the Conquest on 9/16 and going to be there to relax not complain as some people do. I'm taking a certain amount of money and if it's gone by the 6th day, then i'll just eat and swim.

I am a sixty something female and I am soo tired of people bashing Carnival. Especially those who want a Champagne Cruise on a beer budget. I have enjoyed my Carnival Cruses. I love the food ( I don't have to cook gourmet dinners at home) I also wonder if their homes would stand up to the scrutiny they apply to their staterooms. Darn I must wash that fingerprint on the wall. I also wonder do they leave their bedroom the way they leave their stateroom when running off to do something. Its a vacation folks enjoy, or spend the money for your elegant cruise

I wonder why some equate honesty with negativity? It seems that if anyone admits to having a problem they get accused of negativity. If 10 people witness something they will all have a different take on what happened. All complaints are valid......some I ignore as if that happened to me...no biggie. Another complaint I might weigh more seriously based on what is important to me.

I don't think you can equate vactioning with home. If I wanted what I get at home, I would just stay there.

I think I am going to have a wonderful time on my cruise. But at the same time the blinders aren't on. People do get assaulted, rooms robbed, rooms can have mold, water might be brown, there have been cases of bedbugs, someone might poop in the pool, ports might get cancelled, and groups might take over the ship. That might sound negative but by hearing those stories and also looking at CDC and WHO reports for what really matters to me; I learned that........ crime can happen anywhere so dont get complacent just cause I am on a big boat; Make sure everything valuable is on my person ir in the safe (and I need a card to get into that); Bring Bleach and/or antibacterial; Showers can be taken in the gym/spa area; bedbug bites are tiny and leave specks on the sheets, watch for babies in the pool and report them to someone until they listen, think hard before prebooking shore excursions in case we skip port and I lose my deposits; and that if for some reason I am miserable I can get off at the first port and get a refund.

Shedding light on things isn't negative......it is informative, especially for newbies. JMHO

I agree, we do out 10th Carnival next cruise and have done all the others too, still like Carnival the best. How can you beat having pizza and ice cream when you want it, clean bathrooms, the bed made, and they'll even pick up your mess. Plus the shows, the movies, gosh how can I wait til May.

No, I leave my stateroom neater. :o

lol....me to. I would feel guilty if I left a mess knowing someone else was going to have to pick it up. But I sure do appreciate when they redo my poor bedmaking efforts.

Dave - Yeah the Nerve of Carnival!! LOL

Pegs - Yeah I went over to the roll call and so far there's just 1 lady in there, but like you said, its still early. But Im sure its exciting to know you're going on a brand new ship. Im going to see what I can work out. Just as long as Im on some ship, Im okay. Give me my Foo Foo Drink, the Lido Deck, and a Hot tub and Im, "Good To Go"!!

That is a good attitude. This next cruise of ours is going to be so different from any other cruise we have ever taken. I think what I am more excited about is, the new ship, but the ports that we will go to, amazing. As much as I want to see London, Paris, Rome and all the other ports, being on that new ship is almost as exciting. I can't wait to see that huge screen LOL.

MzOhioLady,

The fault is solely with the cruiselines. The idea of tempted me with low fares to make me cruise more. I still cannot believe I got the Feb 9th one for $335pp in a mid-cat balcony with a $75 OBC. The nerve of them. :D

Dave

DANG.....nice! I wouldn't miss out on that either. How did you get so lucky?:rolleyes:

I sail on the Miracle in a couple of weeks, and I can guarantee you that I will have a good time. A vacation is what you make of it. If you are going to find fault with everything, you will not have a good time. Heck I'm over 60 and I don't care what cruise line I sail on, I'm still going to have a good time. I find if you are nice to the crew, they are nice to you. As for food, even I cook a bad meal now and then. I've paid big bucks for a gourmet meal that if I had my way, I'd take the money back and cook my own meal because it would have been better than the gourmet one. This isn't a perfect world and I'm not a perfect person and I don't expect everyone (or everything) else to be perfect. The next two weeks can't go by quick enough for me! Miracle here I come!

I have sailed RCL and Carnival and for the money, I can't seem to find another line I am willing to sail. Even though the suites don't come with the same benefits, they also do not come with the same price tag.

Out of my 5 past Carnival cruises, I have always been at least 90% satisfied. Heck, I am never 50% satisfied with my job or my kids or my own cooking. I will stick with Carnival.

LOL - just kidding about the kids, surely I am 90% satisfied with them.

In2why...I think my problem is with the people that look at their bills and complain about the 20 drinks they are getting charged or the 15 photos that they purchased....Helloooooooooooooooooo....don't buy 20 drinks and 15 photos ! Now if someone forced you to buy the drinks/photos by putting a gun to your head....inform the ship security.

The people on the ship can make or break it. On the CCL cruises I didn't like, it was due to unruly passengers. It seems like cruising trash goes for CCL more than other lines, probably because CCL is usually the cheapest.

However, on every one of of CCL, the food and service ranked anywhere from good to outstanding and the staff is always excellent.

I have seen CCL staff treated like dogs by passengers, something I haven't seen on Princess.

I have always felt that CCL isn't just a good cruise for the money, it is a great cruise, period.

I never equate Honesty with Negativity, I think Im wise enough to know the diference. However I do equate negativity with negativity!! I see people on here who slam Carnival for things like what Rob6465 said, they can't understand why their bill is what it is and insist on debating with the crew over the matter. Or they have 1 small thing go wrong and then they blame the entire cruise line for it, like the staff have crystal balls and know what's going to go wrong at any given moment with 3000 people on board. :rolleyes: Or some people don't like a given nationality and they don't want to be bothered so they blame them because the lines are long, or they didn't dress the way they wanted them too and then say they were on board with a "bunch of thugs from the hood" who took control of the ship. Oh please, I could go on and on. I feel like if you want to feel safe, want to be around only your own kind, want to live in a bubble while on an excursion, Then do the rest of us who came to party, chill and get away from it all, A Huge Favor and Stay Your Behinds at Home with your 8 foot fence around your house and ADT Security running!!!

Perrys - Here's Your AMEN!!

In2why...I think my problem is with the people that look at their bills and complain about the 20 drinks they are getting charged or the 15 photos that they purchased....Helloooooooooooooooooo....don't buy 20 drinks and 15 photos ! Now if someone forced you to buy the drinks/photos by putting a gun to your head....inform the ship security.

LoL....yeah I can understand that. Or the one I read where they let their teens have the card and found out they spent hours and hours on the internet. But I guess even then maybe a lightbulb might have went on for someone.....hey reminder...don't let the kid have free rein with what is basically a credit card. hehe

I am a sixty something female and I am soo tired of people bashing Carnival. Especially those who want a Champagne Cruise on a beer budget. I have enjoyed my Carnival Cruses. I love the food ( I don't have to cook gourmet dinners at home) I also wonder if their homes would stand up to the scrutiny they apply to their staterooms. Darn I must wash that fingerprint on the wall. I also wonder do they leave their bedroom the way they leave their stateroom when running off to do something. Its a vacation folks enjoy, or spend the money for your elegant cruise

Here...here!!! I could not agree more :D !

I agree 100%.

I am on vaca. I don't want to clean up. don't want to cook, don't want to do anything but sit back, and relax.

I have read quite a few negative reports on Carnival. All I can say is these people must be PMS'ing to have it bother them that bad.

The ships are nice, the cabins are nice, and if you don't like something about the ship, or it's passengers, go to the captain and complain. forget chain of command. go to the top.

DANG.....nice! I wouldn't miss out on that either. How did you get so lucky?:rolleyes:

I had my TA call me right after she booked another client. She knows I like bargains and this price just didnt seem right. The promotion was closed after a half day. Our rollcall went from zero to over fifteen couples in just one weekend.

Dave

I've taken 3 Carnival cruises and have not tried another cruise line yet. My DH and I have been very well satisfied with our Carnival experiences. We are in our mid 50's. My least favorite cruise was on the Fantasy, but this was during spring break, plus we had rough seas the whole time, plus we had to turn the ship around to go look for those two not-so-bright people who fell off the Princess ship last March. Things go wrong, and it's not the cruise line's fault when the seas are rough or you choose a spring break cruise or people fall off, or hurricanes happen, etc., etc. These things happen to the other cruise lines, too! I bet there are plenty of complaints on their respective boards, from people who have sailed on other lines. Carnival is great, and the only reason I'd cruise a different line would be for a new itinerary.

I have only sailed on Carnival two time so far and have our third and fourth cruise booked. We love Carnival. We enjoyed both of our cruise so far very much. I was not that happy with food while we were on the Paradise, but it did not ruin my cruise one bit. There will always be complainers. I just don't bother with reading there comments. We are happy Carnival cruiser in our household.:D

I agreed with everyone.

We just sailed on the Crown Princess in July with our fairly large group. We constantly remarked that the princess cruise was not worth the extra money. They seemed to nickle and dime you for a lot. My kids missed the free ice cream. (Ice cream on Princess is $3.50 a pop, with 3 kids it gets to be a expensive treat.).:eek:

Maybe it's just us, but we like the "wacky" activities (newlywed game, survior, pool games) We got none of that on Princess. Plus no towel animals on Princess.

I love Carnival! When I read so many negatives in one post, I too think the person must be a complainer or should look elsewhere. I love the cleaniness of the cabin and the ship, and yes any dinner served to me and no dishes or worries is the way to go for me! I am sure some things cannot always be perfect...but to for, its pretty close and most people who complain ..are complaining over the smallest things. I agree with you!

On the tenth day of our past cruise we were in Tuscany. This for us was the nicest day of the entire cruise, which we thought was our best cruise yet.

We stopped for lunch at a farm in the countryside, and a woman on the tour, who was from Malta, sat down next to us and began to complain about EVERYTHING: The food, the decor, the ship, the passengers (present company excluded), on and on and on. Seemed as if we had been on completely different ships, because the one she was describing was unrecognizable to us.

She was literally spoiling my lunch, so I excused myself, got up and sat outside the farmhouse and just enjoyed the countryside. When you are on your own nice relaxing vacation, the last thing you want to hear, or have sitting next to you is someone like that, who dosen't appreciate how privileged they are.

BnB

Archived