Carnival Oh My

Sauceress

I am a sixty something female and I am soo tired of people bashing Carnival. Especially those who want a Champagne Cruise on a beer budget. I have enjoyed my Carnival Cruses. I love the food ( I don't have to cook gourmet dinners at home) I also wonder if their homes would stand up to the scrutiny they apply to their staterooms. Darn I must wash that fingerprint on the wall. I also wonder do they leave their bedroom the way they leave their stateroom when running off to do something. Its a vacation folks enjoy, or spend the money for your elegant cruise

I am a sixty something female and I am soo tired of people bashing Carnival. Especially those who want a Champagne Cruise on a beer budget. I have enjoyed my Carnival Cruses. I love the food ( I don't have to cook gourmet dinners at home) I also wonder if their homes would stand up to the scrutiny they apply to their staterooms. Darn I must wash that fingerprint on the wall. I also wonder do they leave their bedroom the way they leave their stateroom when running off to do something. Its a vacation folks enjoy, or spend the money for your elegant cruise

ICAM :D

I love Carnival! When I read so many negatives in one post, I too think the person must be a complainer or should look elsewhere. I love the cleaniness of the cabin and the ship, and yes any dinner served to me and no dishes or worries is the way to go for me! I am sure some things cannot always be perfect...but to for, its pretty close and most people who complain ..are complaining over the smallest things. I agree with you!

I totally agree we are about to do our first cruise but it seems some people just want to complain so they can see a topic created by them :) But then again some people do have valid points. But you get it everywhere we did a all inclusive to the Dominican republic this year stayed a 5 star resort had the best time of our lives but somehow people still manged to complain like the ice cream machine isn't working or my maid doesn't speak English SO what your on holidays relax have fun make the best of it and have fun

AGREED

.......I am soo tired of people bashing Carnival.

Personally, I think those bash Carnival have never set foot on a Carnival ship!

Those who have and still complain, I think they're just over-picky. I've never had a cruise with any major complaints.

Those who have and still complain, I think they're just over-picky. I've never had a cruise with any major complaints.

Agreed.

It all depends on the outlook. If you are convinced you are going to have the most amazing vacation ever...the little things don't bother you.

Payd:)

But would I go again? You bet. We had a lot of fun. It was even on one of the older ships. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my Princess Cruise as well, and am currently booked for another one of them. But I have very fond memories of the Carnival Imiganation. I have had complaints (sorry, "opportunities for improvement") and I included include them in my reviews. But even those I try to identify what I expected, as that helps put it in perspective for the reader. It is not always easy to identify real issues versus unreal expectations.

Sounds like you had a great time on Destiny!!

On the Destiny twice and Glory once. I believe its an attitude thing. I go with a positive attitude. Darn I have jerks at work too you know. They are in the supermarket, mall. I have found, for the most part, a vacation is what you make it :)

Thank The Lord for this post. I totally agree with the OP. Way to go!!

And to those who continue to complain about the smallest things, "Can I get some Cheese and Crackers to go with that WHINE!!

I was told the other day not to bother with my review on my European cruise next year if I was only going to talk about the good things. I have not even been on the cruise and the poster was already wondering what negative things I would say. I told him then he would probably not like my review as I am a very positive person and but for a couple of very tiny things I have always had great service, the best time and I will only sail with Carnival.

I've been on 8 Carnival cruises so far. I have never been brave enough to do a review but I learn a lot from other people's reviews about what they liked and disliked about their cruise. I hope to read all about your cruise next year.

I have never taken a cruise yet and as you can see it's just a little over a month before I do and it's with Carnival....but I can say that when I read these threads I have to side with statements like yours with not having any major complaints and I've seen that you've taken at least 11 cruises with Carnival.

If Carnival was as bad as some make it out to be, they wouldn't have people like you taking 2/3 of their cruises on Carnival and many at that.

Pegs - So you see what I mean then, right? Here you have not even gone on the cruise yet, and yet some Clown expects you to just start writing complaints? *****???? FTLOG! Give me a Break! Like you said, you are on a cruise, you get good service, good food, wonderful ports, you don't have to lift a finger, so what in the name of Jesus do you have to complain about???

I mean either you are traveling with your spouse/significant other, family and friends so even if the ship is rotten, and you are around a bunch of knuckleheads, You mean to tell me that you can't have fun with the people you chose to cruise with and find something you like?? I find that as a hard pill to swallow.

Wow I'd like to be like you Dave, and have about 6 more cruises lined up. Must be nice. But I'm working on my upcoming cruise in 2 weeks and already checking out rates for cruise for next year.

Pegs - So you see what I mean then, right? Here you have not even gone on the cruise yet, and yet some Clown expects you to just start writing complaints? *****???? FTLOG! Give me a Break! Like you said, you are on a cruise, you get good service, good food, wonderful ports, you don't have to lift a finger, so what in the name of Jesus do you have to complain about???

I mean either you are traveling with your spouse/significant other, family and friends so even if the ship is rotten, and you are around a bunch of knuckleheads, You mean to tell me that you can't have fun with the people you chose to cruise with and find something you like?? I find that as a hard pill to swallow.

Wow I'd like to be like you Dave, and have about 6 more cruises lined up. Must be nice. But I'm working on my upcoming cruise in 2 weeks and already checking out rates for cruise for next year.

It is amazing isn't it Ohiolady? I can't even imagine thinking something negative over a year before we said. The only thing I can come up with is, time is not going fast enough.

Click on my Roll Call, if you are looking for a great cruise next year :eek:

We like Carnival. And let's face it -- most of us cruise Carnival consistently because it is a great value. We also like to take at least one trip (cruise, all-inclusive resort, Hawaii, Europe, etc.) and one smaller trip (Las Vegas usually) a year. We decided a long time ago that no matter what happens, we will always find a way to have a fun vacation. You spend too much money on travel to look for things to disappoint you.

And talking about value -- Does anyone know why the Triumph (we leave Sept 8) is so much cheaper than any other cruise? -- it is several hundred dollars cheaper than even similar Carnival cruises. We paid $619 per person for a balcony room. Just wondering if everyone pays the same for equivalent rooms on the same ship, or is it like an airplane where everyone pays a different fare for the same seat?

I agree with your "Firefly"! A cruise is what You make of it. Never been on a cruise I didn't enjoy. Cruise #60 is coming up in 28 days on the Miracle for us. Can't wait! Have been on Carnival 10 times and many other cruiselines. All are different. All were enjoyable! How can You complain when You don't have to cook and so many people are there to pamper you. IKE

....about the complainers that is.

I will have experienced my first cruise which I'm sure I'm going to love. I agree with everyone here with either saying that "a cruise is what you make of it" to saying everything is catered to you from food to tidying up to room and "what's not to like"!

Look at the positives in life and experiences.

You know, if you have something to complain about when it comes to cruising or any vacation...then you obviously had something better and you should be thankful for that. It doesn't mean that what you're complaining about is bad, it just means your experience somewhere else was better suited for you.

I was looking forward to going to Costa Maya in my cruise, but I'm not going to complain about it...I've never been to Progreso either. I was looking forward to seeing the Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya, but Progreso has 3 in the area that I seen on the boards. I heard Costa Maya had one of the best ports, but Progreso has a 5-6 mile long pier....how cool is that!

You must enjoy what your doing or you make yourself and everyone around you miserable.

For all of the complainers out there.... :) ....take that!

Archived