Is Your Diet (WOE) Making You Fat?

WeirdEyes

Is your diet (WOE) making you fat?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is your diet (WOE) making you fat?

• Failing on the weekends
    • Making exercise excuses
    • Eating nutrient-poor calories
    • Starving during the day & overeating at night
    • Going off my diet for special occasions
    • None- I've transitioned from dieting to a healthy lifestyle

Hi Sheila,

The totals are interesting! I guess it shows we really enjoy our weekends!:D LOL!

Or is it peer pressure that we don't have during the work week?:confused:

I think you are right on both accounts. I know that my DH enables me on the weekends to eat what I'm not suppose to. And all of those danged parties! :eek:

My husband works at night. So on the weekends I do really well because we are doing stuff together whether it be working around the house or shopping or goofing off. But when he leaves for work on Sunday night I find it very difficult to stay on track. I guess the bordom really gets to me. I do better as the week progresses but Sunday night is a definite problem for me. I am down 50 pounds before our first cruise in Nov 07 wanted to lose 20 more but seem to be stuck.:(

I that I'm going off my diet on special occasions, although I was tempted to say that I've transitioned to a healthy lifestyle. The truth is somewhere in between - part of my healthy lifestyle is to allow periodic indulgences to keep things interesting.

I can come up with the best excuses for not exercising ... I work 30 minutes away from where I live and it just seems like a total hassle to go to the gym sometimes during the week ... I do take the dog for a nice long power walk. Need to get more motivated on exercising as I need to get rid of some of the "muffin top" around the middle.

Ok ... I'll also admit it ... Saturday morning is my "special treat" time. My DH (Ken) is always so busy that we now make going to breakfast on Saturday our time to re-connect without kids and phones. I end up having 2 blueberry pancakes with real butter and a little maple syrup ... and a few bites of his bacon. It usually means a very small lunch and a sensible dinner.

My husband works at night. So on the weekends I do really well because we are doing stuff together whether it be working around the house or shopping or goofing off. But when he leaves for work on Sunday night I find it very difficult to stay on track. I guess the bordom really gets to me. I do better as the week progresses but Sunday night is a definite problem for me. I am down 50 pounds before our first cruise in Nov 07 wanted to lose 20 more but seem to be stuck.:(

My DH used to work nights and let me tell you, I ate like there was no tomorrow due to boredom! That is when I gained all of my weight. My DH used to say, "I don't understand why you've gained so much weight. You don't eat a lot." In my mind, I was saying, "Yeah, while you're here!"

I that I'm going off my diet on special occasions, although I was tempted to say that I've transitioned to a healthy lifestyle. The truth is somewhere in between - part of my healthy lifestyle is to allow periodic indulgences to keep things interesting.

That is the way I am. I've lost 65 lbs and am finally in a size 8, but I will probably always be a "work in progress." ;)

Jan ~ Having one cheat meal (not day) a week is totally fine. It keeps your body guessing. Sometimes, if I've hit a plateau for a couple of weeks, I'll eat whatever I want during one meal and that includes dessert. It always breaks my plateau. You've done so well and I know that one breakfast hasn't hurt you any. We can't deprive ourselves all of the time.

I picked the bottom choice - that I've transitioned from dieting to a healthy lifestyle. (Although I will admit that I eat more nutrient-poor foods than I should! But I do keep the portions under control.) After 15 years of yo-yo dieting, I think I've finally just accepted that the weight my body wants to be is the upper 130's. For the past several years, whenever I've gone off my diet I always end up back at 137. It doesn't matter if I go off my diet for 2 weeks or 4 months - I always end up at 137. So I decided to accept it instead of constantly dieting only to end up right back where I started! I'd rather be a stable 137 all the time than bounce between 120-137 and feel either deprived or out of control all the time!

This is the first time in a long time that I feel normal and am not tempted to starve or binge. I've really relaxed my WOE, and I don't worry about what I eat too much; I just try to make good choices more often than not and keep my portions reasonable. I'm consistently exercising 5 hours a week at a pretty high intensity, so I know I'm healthy, even if I am a size 10! :cool:

Archived