2008 alaska cruise fares

refman

anyone have any clues as to when the alaska prices for the 2008 season start to discount? we`ve been waiting to book but hav`nt seen any movement yet. thanks in advance,

george

Way too soon yet for any discounting. I'd say try in February or March. Just my two cents.:) I'm going to a HAL 2008 Alaska Preview evening at my TA's next week, so I can ask and let you know.

Karin

Way too soon yet for any discounting. I'd say try in February or March. Just my two cents.:) I'm going to a HAL 2008 Alaska Preview evening at my TA's next week, so I can ask and let you know.

Karin

thanks so much mom

I booked the Veendam for Alaska 2 weeks ago from a discount online travel agency. If you have a specific ship in mind, and especially if you want a particular cabin - I think it's better to book early and watch for price drops. If you want to go in May, you can probably get some very good deals a few months before, after people have made final payment. If you're going at a busier time, between mid-June and mid-August, the deals won't be as plentiful.

We booked earlier this week. Not only did we have the ship and specific category in mind, we also wanted to ensure we received one of the fixed dinner seatings, as that is important to us. (We are also going during the popular summer season.)

We booked our May 9th Veendam Alaska roundtrip out of Vancouver the very first day that HAL offered the sailing. We used an On-Line discount broker and got the cabin we wanted along with our preferred dinner time and actual table.

Given the history of the Alaska cruises, I would not expect a huge discount in prices unless they might be last minute deals.

We booked our May 9th Veendam Alaska roundtrip out of Vancouver the very first day that HAL offered the sailing. We used an On-Line discount broker and got the cabin we wanted along with our preferred dinner time and actual table.

Given the history of the Alaska cruises, I would not expect a huge discount in prices unless they might be last minute deals.

A cruise that early in the season is highly likely to have greatly reduced rates a few months before. But because you wanted a particular cabin and dinner seating, you were probably wise to book when you did. What one saves in cruise fare by booking a few months before sailing might be eaten up by booking higher airfare at that time.

We booked earlier this week. Not only did we have the ship and specific category in mind, we also wanted to ensure we received one of the fixed dinner seatings, as that is important to us. (We are also going during the popular summer season.)

lisa,

same thing, we want a specific cat.,dinner seating and a second cabin near the sa cat.and all at a great price and past experience has taught us to book only with HAL. not asking for to much i think.

thanks,

george

anyone have any clues as to when the alaska prices for the 2008 season start to discount? we`ve been waiting to book but hav`nt seen any movement yet. thanks in advance,

george

HAL has some specials right now. Just booked a 14 day cruise from Vancouver

for $1400 USD including Tax . Considering that they charging $1000 one way

in May 08.:):)

Archived