Well I've booked again

After much tooing and froing I have booked again. I have just spoken to P&O regarding their queensland cruises and was told that P&O would be looking at selling the Pacific Sun at some point in 2009 as they now have the Pacific Dawn, Sun Princess and Dawn Princess cruising from Australia all year round from later this year. I discussed with the lovely male agent whether any ships would be based out of Brisbane and whether they would be offering the queensland coast cruises after Jan 2009. He said that they didn't know about ships being based in Brisbane after Jan 2009 but they were seriously looking at canning the queensland coast cruises after Jan 2009 as they are not as popular as they used to be. I thanked him, hung up, rang my TA and booked at a cheaper price than P&O!!!!

So now it looks like it'll be 4 cruises in 4 years!!!

Rach

Congrats on booking another cruise :D

I can't believe they would purpose build a terminal in Brisbane only to stop sending ships here??????

Looks like i'll have to talk hubby into another cruise before Jan 2009, as we'd both like to do a QLD coast one, but just never have LOL! If they're going to stop them it'll be a good reason go get another one booked ;)

As Staceymrow says, perhaps they'll send us the Dawn and give Sydney the Sun Princess & Dawn Princess. Man i'd love to do those 2 ships too!! :D

Yeah Rach, good for you!!

Wow, if that is true, there is certainly going to be some changes:)

They will probably still do QLD coast cruises, just not as regular.

LOL about hanging up and booking it cheaper:D

Chez

xx

Since Dawn Princess isn't going to be in Australia full time, it's replacing Pacific Princess as the summer season ship, selling off Pacific Sun and not replacing it would return Australia to a 2 ship market, Pacific Dawn and Sun Princess.

I suspect they may well can the Queensland Coastal Cruises out of Brisbane and concentrate on South Pacific Cruises or cruises to NZ instead. I'm suprised there's been a market for the coastal cruises.

After much tooing and froing I have booked again. I have just spoken to P&O regarding their queensland cruises and was told that P&O would be looking at selling the Pacific Sun at some point in 2009 as they now have the Pacific Dawn, Sun Princess and Dawn Princess cruising from Australia all year round from later this year.

The question is what ship is going to do NZ? (As the Pacific Sun is coming here next year) (That is if P&O will still do cruises from NZ after 2009)

.....I have just spoken to P&O regarding their queensland cruises and was told that P&O would be looking at selling the Pacific Sun at some point in 2009 ........

Rach

They have made 2 short notice changes since May (sale of Pacific Star, indefinite relocation of Sun Princess) which resulted in cancellation of cruises for both.

And now they know what they will be doing in 18 months! LOL

(Congrats on your new booking Rach - horribly jealous)

Cheers

Geoff

Hey kiwi cruiser have you checked out cheap fares $995 to Noumea ,vila twin share on sale now until 17 September.Jan/feb 8 night cruises from Auckland.

I wish I wasn't already so committed (Expense wise that is- not in funny farm yet) for 2008 or I'd be off.

Thats under half our Pacific Dawn fare for August 2008:o

Archived