December Cruise

lsmith55uf

My wife and I are looking at taking a cruise in December and I have found 2 that seem very comparable. One is on the Carnival Valor, which I have been on before, and the other is on the Caribbean Princess, which I have never been on. My only cruise experience has been with Carnival and I have loved all of them. My question is this: If the itineraries are almost identical, as well as the price, what is the better option? I am all for branching out, and I have heard good things about Princess, but I want to do my research before I pick. I am 26, my wife is 25, neither of us are big drinkers or party people but we don't want to be the youngest people on the ship either. How are the drink prices, extras prices, etc on Princess? Comparable, more or less? How do the rooms, food, etc, compare? Is either ship ''nicer?" I'm torn on which to pick, so help would be greatly appreciated.

you can choose anytime dining, the food is really good, staff the most attentive and friendly on any ship I have sailed except disney. The older group is only on the longer sailings (ten plus days) yes there will be less drunken parties than on carnival, carnival owns princess it is just their classier line. I think the cabins and decor are much nicer on princess, understated not in your face loud. Princess usually is more expensive so if the cost is the same I would definately go with princess over carnival. My TA is running that princess sale with the 100 deposits and free coupon books, I am sure a bunch are right now.

My wife and I are looking at taking a cruise in December and I have found 2 that seem very comparable. One is on the Carnival Valor, which I have been on before, and the other is on the Caribbean Princess, which I have never been on. My only cruise experience has been with Carnival and I have loved all of them. My question is this: If the itineraries are almost identical, as well as the price, what is the better option? I am all for branching out, and I have heard good things about Princess, but I want to do my research before I pick. I am 26, my wife is 25, neither of us are big drinkers or party people but we don't want to be the youngest people on the ship either. How are the drink prices, extras prices, etc on Princess? Comparable, more or less? How do the rooms, food, etc, compare? Is either ship ''nicer?" I'm torn on which to pick, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Princess all the way if the cost is similar.Food is better, entertainment is more Broadway but the rooms are similar in my opinion.

You should post on the Princess board as well for more detailed princess info. Also if you pick the Princess cruise make sure they know you are a past Carnival cruiser as you get past guest rates on all the Carnival Corp lines.

If you already sailed on the Valor then I would choose the Caribbean Princess. We were on the Valor last December. And we chose the Crown Princess for this December. We are really interested in the personal choice dining. The cabins are smaller but I heard the balconies are bigger.

As far as the age we were told there is no difference. Like someone else mentioned only on the longer cruises. But there is also a older crowd on Carnivals longer cruises.

Also Princess has an adults only sanctuary.

Good Luck!

Archived