First timer for Navigator of the Seas...

tsj04

Hi everyone-

I was booked with Carnival but have cancelled and will be going RC. I already have the date and itinenary that we are interested in (Cozumel, Belize) but need thoughts on what area we should choose for our stateroom :confused: . We are looking at booking a balcony room. We would like to be away from the elevators, pools and high traffic areas. I'm all about having fun but when it's time to sleep I really don't want to have to hear a lot of stuff going on. Any deck suggestions? Rooms to stay away from? Difference between the balcony rooms besides some having sofas and others not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

First of all the Navigator is one of my all time favorite ships. She is a beauty. The hump cabins are some of the most popular. While they are close to the elevators they are also very quite. I would suggest that you look into those. I have some photos of the Navigator in my link below.:)

First of all the Navigator is one of my all time favorite ships. She is a beauty. The hump cabins are some of the most popular. While they are close to the elevators they are also very quite. I would suggest that you look into those. I have some photos of the Navigator in my link below.:)

Would it be bad to ask for a "hump cabin" when I book or is that something they are used to? Thanks for responding.

Would it be bad to ask for a "hump cabin" when I book or is that something they are used to? Thanks for responding.

A good TA or RCI should know what you are referring to but take a look at the deck plans. You can easily see the hump cabins as this is where the ship bumps out about 3/4 of the way back.

A good TA or RCI should know what you are referring to but take a look at the deck plans. You can easily see the hump cabins as this is where the ship bumps out about 3/4 of the way back.

Got it, thanks! I LOVE your pictures!

I too have pix if you follow the link below..and Navigator was my favorite ship...

They are probably used to it..I am waitlisted for a hump cabin....generally, I book it onboard or online so i can pick.

The way RC's ships are designed....well, if you look at the deckplans, it looks like cabins are right next to the elevators, but the aren't. They are through a doorway in a hall....so you won;t hear the elevator..

I would stay away from cabins on deck 10 Uunder the pool, windjammer, etc) and probably off deck 6 (which is above a lot of things..) I'd stick with decks 7-9, but that's just me.

We were in a JS on Navigator, so I don't think I have pictures of regular balcony rooms.....someone else does I'm sure.

The only thing I didn't like about the balcony room on EOS was that the one bed was kind of close to the door to the balcony. It was OK though-mom tends to spend a lot of time in the cabin and on the balcony.

Hi everyone-

I was booked with Carnival but have cancelled and will be going RC. I already have the date and itinenary that we are interested in (Cozumel, Belize) but need thoughts on what area we should choose for our stateroom :confused: . We are looking at booking a balcony room. We would like to be away from the elevators, pools and high traffic areas. I'm all about having fun but when it's time to sleep I really don't want to have to hear a lot of stuff going on. Any deck suggestions? Rooms to stay away from? Difference between the balcony rooms besides some having sofas and others not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

On Voyager or Freedom Class the staterooms near the elevators (hump staterooms) are some of the most desirable on the ship. You won't hear any noise from inside your room.

I too have pix if you follow the link below..and Navigator was my favorite ship...

They are probably used to it..I am waitlisted for a hump cabin....generally, I book it onboard or online so i can pick.

The way RC's ships are designed....well, if you look at the deckplans, it looks like cabins are right next to the elevators, but the aren't. They are through a doorway in a hall....so you won;t hear the elevator..

I would stay away from cabins on deck 10 Uunder the pool, windjammer, etc) and probably off deck 6 (which is above a lot of things..) I'd stick with decks 7-9, but that's just me.

We were in a JS on Navigator, so I don't think I have pictures of regular balcony rooms.....someone else does I'm sure.

The only thing I didn't like about the balcony room on EOS was that the one bed was kind of close to the door to the balcony. It was OK though-mom tends to spend a lot of time in the cabin and on the balcony.

Thank you! That's the exact kind of info I am looking for. I should've said first cruiser on NOS and EVER. Thanks!

You guys helped out so much in a matter of minutes. I'm going to take a look online and see what I can book. Thanks again!:)

Another recommendation, when you look online, you will generally only see about 5-7 staterooms available in any category. Usually there are a lot more staterooms available. If you don't see one in a location you like, pick up the phone and call Royal Caribbean directly and the stateroom you want might be available (even if it doesn't show up online).

Another recommendation, when you look online, you will generally only see about 5-7 staterooms available in any category. Usually there are a lot more staterooms available. If you don't see one in a location you like, pick up the phone and call Royal Caribbean directly and the stateroom you want might be available (even if it doesn't show up online).

Even though I don't use them to book a cruise, travelocity shows many more available staterooms than the Royal web site.

All RCI balcony cabins have either a full sofa or a love seat. Depends on whether they are catagory D (full sofa) or E (love seat). If you want quiet, the aft balconies are SOOO quiet. No one goes back there unless their cabin is there. Aft means all the way to the back of the ship with the cabin facing the back, not side. Those balconies are WAY bigger than the side balconies. The higher the deck, the better the view. I wouldn't book lower than deck 8 for aft balcony on Navigator. There are some superstructure metal beams that criss-cross the back. And the higher the deck, the less you see of these beams. Navigator is our favorite ship. She's breath-taking. And the crew is great. Happy sailing!

All RCI balcony cabins have either a full sofa or a love seat. Depends on whether they are catagory D (full sofa) or E (love seat). If you want quiet, the aft balconies are SOOO quiet. No one goes back there unless their cabin is there. Aft means all the way to the back of the ship with the cabin facing the back, not side. Those balconies are WAY bigger than the side balconies. The higher the deck, the better the view. I wouldn't book lower than deck 8 for aft balcony on Navigator. There are some superstructure metal beams that criss-cross the back. And the higher the deck, the less you see of these beams. Navigator is our favorite ship. She's breath-taking. And the crew is great. Happy sailing!
On our first cruise, we were in1688 on Navigator. For our second RCI cruise, we booked 1388 (same room on opposite aft corner) before taking a free Jr. suite guarantee upgrade. So we sailed in 1694. These are great 10th deck aft cabins with enormous balconies. Pic on left is of 1688 on Navigator, while the one on the right is 1694 on Voyager. All are the same on Voyager-class ships.

2400291580039822749S200x200Q85.jpg 2903563290039822749S200x200Q85.jpg

Just wanted to update you all that responded to my post about choosing a room. I just got off the phone with RC and booked a balcony on deck 7. There was an aft room available but decided to maybe try an aft next time. :)

We meet again. Can't wait to really "meet" you on the GEM. We're giving the Navigator a try on October 6th out of Southampton. Does anyone have some good info on what not to miss on the ship? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Archived