Beaches

stefie67

just wondering if anyone can suggest which beaches we should visit when we are in both hamilton and st george. my hubby and i would like a beach where we can rent chairs and umbrellas. we both have trouble getting up once we are on the sand. the both of us cannot swim, so we would love a beach that allows us to venture into the water without it getting deep close to shore. any help would be much appreciated.:o

you can rent stuff at tobacco beach in st. george's. this would be the best for kids and non swimmers as it is very well protected and therefore calm, it is also very shallow. only drawback here is is that it's a small beach and quickly fills up because of the aforementioned reasons. from hamilton get on the number 7 bus to either horseshoe bay or church bay. they also have rentals. horseshoe bay has a small beach to the right which is popular with young families again because it's protected, calm and shallow. it shouldn't be too crowded because school's back in.

2939689430075564541S600x600Q85.jpg

hey bdaguy, (typed bdagut but caught it)

The Snorkel Park Beach would fit their needs. I took the liberty of bringing up moonmom's photo for the OP to see.

stefie67,

The are a few more posted if you look under the thread, Do U Recommend the Snorkel Park Beach?

If you go to Horseshoe Beach, they rent regular chairs. . .the kind you might find in a backyard, not low to the ground. Also there are lifeguards on duty if you are nervous about being a non-swimmer. It is the most beautiful beach in Bermuda, if not in the world. I wouldn't recommend going to Snorkel Park unless you were docking at the Dockyards. The Journey does not.

2939689430075564541S600x600Q85.jpg

hey bdaguy, (typed bdagut but caught it)

The Snorkel Park Beach would fit their needs. I took the liberty of bringing up moonmom's photo for the OP to see.

stefie67,

The are a few more posted if you look under the thread, Do U Recommend the Snorkel Park Beach?

i only ever recommend snorkel park if you're in dockyard already and time is really short. for these guys who are non-swimmers, when in the water the very rocky bottom would be a pain in the feet if standing, and if sitting, it'll be a pain in the...well you know what i mean.

ps i'm currently atkinsing the bdagut away!

I would go to Horseshoe Bay...the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life.

The other poster that mentioned the small beach to the right is correct, it's very calm and shallow. I'd also venture down the beach some to see some of the rock formations there..goregous.

• 2 weeks later...

Horseshoe Bay was AMAZING! I have alot of photos down below in my webshots album - just click on the link and then select "Explorer 2007" album. My sister-in-laws mother also does not like to move alot on the beach and they stayed at the beginning of Horseshoe Bay all day and she loved it. The beach is anchored at either end by huge rock formations/cave type things and the far end is very deserted, but a long walk from the entrance. The beginning of it is busier, but there was still plenty of room and I think the water was much more calm over there.

Laura

Archived