Need advice before booking tomorrow...help!

yseone

Hi all,

We have decided to take a RT Alasksa Seattle Princess trip and are torn between two dates because of itineriary differences.

Trip A travels through Tracy Arm from 6-10 am and on same day we get to Juneau at 1:30 pm. Also has an extra sea day at end of cruise.

Trip B travels through Tracy Arm from 8-1 and does not get to a port until next day. There would be no extra sea day at end of cruise

Does Trip B mean that we will have more scenic cruising then Trip A since a final sea day is eliminated?

As an added bonus question to you all--which port would you rather have more time in--Ketchikan or Skagway?

I am posting this in Alaska forum as well and any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated since I need to book by tomorrow.

Thanks!

Yasmine :)

We were in Alaska a few years ago. You would probably enjoy either itinerary. However, we enjoyed both Ketchikan and Skagway but I think Skagway was the most unusual of the two. There is a real history of the Gold Rush there.

We took the all day tour of the Gold Rush trail and the Canadian Yukon and I think it was just fascinating. You could actually see the trail worn into the side of the mountains. We also enjoyed taking the White Pass Railroad and visiting some very interesting places on the Canadian side.

I would hight recommend this tour so I would choose the one with more time in Skagway.

Thanks for the advice helpmesailaway!! I really appreciate it as it's our first time to Alaska.

The first itinerary says :

seattle

sea day

ketchikan 6:30-4:30

tracy arm scenic cruising 6-10 am

juneau same day 1:30-10 pm

skagway 6am-5pm

SEA DAY

victoria 5-12pm

2nd itin says:

seattle

sea day

Juneau 12-10pm

skagway 6am-8:15 pm

tracy arm 8-1pm ( no other port that day so crusing to where?)

ketchikan 6-12 pm (TENDER)

victoria 7pm-12pm

HELP! Anything else anyone could offer would be great!

THANKS!

Yasmine

We liked Skagway more. We even started following a ranger giving a tour which ended back at the Moore House. Later on, we went on a bus tour up to the Yukon Pass. Ketchikan was basically salmon and totem poles.

And don't forget that just because the ship gets to the port around 6am doesn't mean you'll be able to get off the ship then.

Hi everyone and thanks so much again for all of the great, informative replies!

In the end I did choose the first intinerary because of time constraints with the second. We did not like the idea of a tender shortening our already short day in Ketchikan (we did too many tenders in Hawaii over our last 3 years/trips on Princess) and there were other factors as well. Everyone helped so much in our decision so THANK YOU!!!!

cactusrose, digitalgirl, djstweety, cruisin' chick--I really appreciate your help and you all made valid points! What would I do without Cruise Critic?

Panic more (than I already am) that's what!

You guys are the best!

Yasmine :)

Archived