Back From the 9/2 Mariner, And I Am Fuming!!!

cruzeluver

We were off the ship in St. Thomas by 9:15. Immigration was very, very fast. The line was almost to the back of the ship, but it never stopped moving. The whole process took maybe ten minutes. Extremely efficient. You just show your passport or birth certificate and photo id plus your room key to the officer and they wave you through.

There were two ice shows on Friday, at 5:00 and 7:00.

Yep - that about covers it - - that's the RCL WoW!

I feel compelled to help you understand one small detail that you mentioned. The envelope is a ceremony so you can announce how much you appreciated your service. The actual $$ will be posted to the proper accounts whether you give them the envelope or not. Some people actually add to the pre-paid for extra good service.

I enjoyed having "something" to give to everyone. On Princess, it just goes to them. I liked seeing their faces and saying thank you for a great cruise.

My condolences on your hideously splendid vacation. I'm dreadfully upset for you that you were forced to have such an astoundingly lovely vacation. It's beyond comprehension that people go on cruises and then have the nerve to enjoy themselves. This kind of sadistic abuse must not be tolerated.

Many thanks to all who posted their condolences. I am still quite shaken up by the terrific cruise I was forced into, but I believe in time I will recover. Perhaps my best recourse at this time is to book another cruise with RCCL and hopefully it will all go terribly wrong. I just don't think I could stand another nearly flawless vacation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I board this Sunday and you've really got me goin' now!!

Can't wait:D

Hello Cruisinmamma

We board the Mariner on Sunday also. Wow, what a great story about the Mariner. You cannot have a good experience without that crew or the ambiance of Royal Carribean. This wil be our 2nd time on the Mariner of the Seas.

By the way, we pirates :D are looking for you to check in on the Meet & Mingle boards.

Safe trip to the Mariner of the Seas.

We were off the ship in St. Thomas by 9:15. Immigration was very, very fast. The line was almost to the back of the ship, but it never stopped moving. The whole process took maybe ten minutes. Extremely efficient. You just show your passport or birth certificate and photo id plus your room key to the officer and they wave you through.

There were two ice shows on Friday, at 5:00 and 7:00.

Thank you so much! I'm trying to plan the morning in St. T, since we are getting married in the afternoon. We can't do the ice show on Wednesday because my group is having dinner at Portofino's, so I was worried that we wouldn't get to see it since we have early dining on Friday.

I was thinking here we go..not only blasting RCL, the Mariner, but CC posters as well.

I have 2 planned cruises on the Mariner and I figured you must be a nut or an attention seeker. Everyone loves the Mariner what's wrong with you?

Glad you had a good time. I cannot wait to see the Mariner in Jan.

There are just too many clever posters on Cruise Critic.

Laura

My partner and I just returned from the 9/2 sailing of the Mariner. I am furious with both RCCL and the members of this board. I was told over and over again that we would have a great time on this cruise, and that is not true. We had an excellent time!!! Virtualy every aspect of the trip exceeded our expectations. Thanks for all the false advertising!

I know how you feel; we were on the 9/2 sailing as well and we had the exact same thing happen to us...it far exceeded our expectations - the NERVE!!!

You forgot to mention the beautiful weather and smooth seas. And this during the height of hurricane season too.

What a great cruise...I want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were on the same cruise! What a wonderful time was had by all. We missed the Meet and Mingle, though, we had the wrong time in our heads. Dennis was awesome as a cruise director. He truly looked like he was having a great time, not just doing his job. Captain Per was quite sociable. We saw him walking through the ship many times. He always smiled and said hello. We went to the "meet the captain"--that was quite interesting.

The food, service, and activities were great! We went to Trunk Bay on St. John--we loved it, but we wish that we could have spent more time actually on the island. The transportation part takes a while to get back and forth as well as to get from the ferry to the state park. The underwater snorkeling trail was really nice. We saw lots of cool fish. The beach was beautiful!

Great! Great! Great! I can't wait! Boarding Sunday. I've only sailed with Carnival previously and sailing with them again June '08. My only hope is that I won't feel let down next year after sailing the Mariner. Then again, being on any cruise is better than being at work!;) Sounds like a fabulous ship, from the ports to the staff to the food to the activities....this can go on forever!

kim

Cruzeluver, Thank you for posting one of the most honest reviews I have read. You are sooo right, the CC members fail time and again to properly prepare newbies for the true experience. I sailed the Mariner for the first time last April and was so utterly astounded by the perfect vacation that I am forced to try to recreate it next April on the opposite itenerary.

• 4 weeks later...

Cruzeluver,read your review and am still shaking my head. I will be on the Mariner for the first time in June and now am worried, will I too have the same experience... will I suffer the same fate.... one can only hope:D

Archived