passport regulations

refman

The following is from HAL's website and, I believe, it makes a good case for getting a passport whether it is or is not absolutely required at the time of your sailing:

"Holland America Line recommends that all guests travel with a valid passport during their cruise. This will enable guests to fly from the U.S. to meet their ship at the first port should they miss their scheduled embarkation and allow guests that must disembark the ship before their cruise ends due to an emergency to fly back to the U.S without significant delays and complications."

As to the "when" and "what" in your question, suggest you visit the Federal website for the latest and most correct info.

IMO...the best advice anyone can offer is GET your passport. If you don't need it today, you will tomorrow. Why wait? Why not just get it?!!

For cruising the Caribbean, right now you do not need it. Until January 1, if you should have an emergency, you will be permitted to fly home to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or Caribbean without a passport but must have proof you have applied for and are waiting to receive your passport. Can't say for sure if they will extend this provision.

IMO...the best advice anyone can offer is GET your passport. If you don't need it today, you will tomorrow. Why wait? Why not just get it?!!

For cruising the Caribbean, right now you do not need it. Until January 1, if you should have an emergency, you will be permitted to fly home to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or Caribbean without a passport but must have proof you have applied for and are waiting to receive your passport. Can't say for sure if they will extend this provision.

i do have mine i was just trying to get info for my neighbor who is leaving on a cruise monday up. i could`nt remember and just wanted a quick answer. thanks.

:) Glad to hear you have yours! If your neighbor is cruising the Caribbean this week or next, he should be okay. Kind of late for him to do much about it anyway. Maybe if you/he live near a passport center he could get an expedited passport but with birth certificate and government issued photo I.D. he should be fine. Hope he doesn't have an emergency and have to fly home.

Archived