Hotel Continental Palacete - Barcelona

Does this hotel have blow dryers or do I need to bring mine from home? If they do, are they those awful European wall dryers or are they the kind we're used to in the U.S.? I know I don't need one for the ship as we are in a CC cabin on the Celebrity Century so if I don't have to bring one, I'd rather not. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Kathleen

I am pretty sure they had a hair dryer in the bathroom, but I didn't need to use it. I just looked at my picture of the bathroom but it doesn't show it. What does it say on their website? There are pictures posted of the bath's too on other forums. Check out cruiseclues which is usually a good site for photo's.

Bon Voyage

Wow, somebody else from Redmond WA going to Barcelona and staying at the Hotel Continetal Palacete. We were there in August for 2 nights prior to our Med cruise. What a hotel. Somewhat quirky though we had no regrets at all. We enjoyed its character, the great lounge and sitting out by the balcony watching people stroll by. Especially early Sunday morning as many of the young people were heading home from the clubs at daybreak. My two grown sons among them :) .

Location was great. Street not too busy, area mostly quiet, but easy walking distance to Plaza Catalunya. We all agreed that it was a great choice and a good way to get a taste of the Mediterranean culture prior to our cruise.

Back to the hairdryer question. I used the hairdryer in the bathroom and recall it was on the wall, but quite powerful compared to many hotel wall mounted dryers. I vaguely recall the cord was pretty short and I couldn't get fully in front of the bathroom mirror but it worked fine nevertheless.

What struck us funny most of all was the beds had no blankets at all. Nor were there any in the closet. There was a sheet, and a bedspread, but no blanket. We were so exhausted when we arrived we hardly noticed it, but woke up freezing during the night. So we turned our air conditioner down and were OK. We meant to ask the desk about blankets in the morning but forgot about it so just kept the room warmer.

I'm glad to see another Redmond "neighbor" as cruise crazy as we are. It's an addiction that's hard to break. We'll get a little fix soon on one of Mercury's 3 day PacNW cruises to tide us over until we take the next bigger one.

for all of the info. I guess I can leave the blow dryer home as it sounds as though the one provided will work for me. I was just worried it would be one of those awful ones I encountered on my first land trip to Europe. Some of the cruise lines have the same type in their bathrooms and everyone complains about them. We cruise on Celebrity and always have a CC cabin where you get a regular blowdryer in addition to the one in the bathroom so I never bring a dryer. We're in Barcelona for 4 nights precruise so I was afraid I'd have to lug one with me.

Travellady - yes, the cruise bug hit us hard during our third cruise (our first on Celebrity). We've been sailing at least once a year since then. Last year we took 3 cruises. This year it's 2. We actually don't have one planned (yet) for 2008 - very weird to not have one planned. But we're kind of saving up for the big cruise in 2009 to Australia and New Zealand. We hope to at least do a short one sometime in 2008 but haven't decided what one.

There is another couple from Redmond going on our Barcelona cruise. Although, they haven't posted on our board in ages so I'm not sure if they are actually going.:(

Barcelona looks very amazing and we can't wait to go!

Kathleen

Archived