hotels in fll

curiser2

Haven't stayed there myself, but I've heard very good things about the hotel. It's in a great location. You can walk to a drugstore right across the street, and large grocery store and liquor store, etc., within easy walking distance. The Port is practically across the street. Don't worry, it will be great!

If you are staying at the Renaissance on 17th Street - it is in a great location. Just a few blocks from the pier but you can't walk it with luggage due to security, etc... There are lots of restaurants and drug stores within walking distance.

It is a typical Marriott/Ren style hotel. It is clean and service is good but there is nothing to brag about the hotel if that means anything. It has a standard restaurant, a small pool, etc... I stay there whenever I am in FLL because it is in a good location, it is close to the pier and I always get a good night sleep there.

It sort of reminds me of a typical convention hotel.

We have stayed there before and after cruises. (have also stayed at the Grande, Embassy Suites all on 17th St.) It is a good hotel. An inexpensive cab ride to the pier. Don't let the bellman sell you on the "van" service to the pier. A cab is less expensive and much faster. The van is a pp/charge and a cab will take 4 pax for the same $$. When you check in ask for an east facing room and you will be able to see the port and your ship.

:)

There is also a Renaissance out west - near the Sawgrass Mills Mall. A very nice hotel, but not close to the port. Sometimes it is considered Fort Lauderdale, though technically it is Sunrise, FL. Check to see if the address is 17th Street Causeway. If it is then you are close to the port, if it is different, then you are out west.

Archived